Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife wants to go to Hawaii, we've never been...help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
    IMO, Ohau is the best all around island. Lost of "different stuff" to do. Most of the other islands offer your typical resort to plant your hiney-bo down and that's about it. The North Shore of Ohau is awesome ! Great waves to check-out and an overall fantastic beach that is surrounded by people from all over the globe. I don't seem to get bored as much on Ohau compared to the ohter islands.
    sorry...but totally disagree. just depends Ohau is good if you want a beach with City things...For sure better than Galveston.
    Ive been on all the islands as I lived on Kauai for 3 years...in those 3 years of actually living there I did a lot of backpacking, surfing, just exploring. ...By far Kauai is the most adventurous. They are all great but like Sears there is a good, better and best.

Comment

Arrived in maui yesterday..spending 2 weeks here. It's gorgeous. .went swimming and snorkeling in the ocean. The water is warm and clear. I'm sure wherever you choose you'll have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by macthehunt View Post
        Arrived in maui yesterday..spending 2 weeks here. It's gorgeous. .went swimming and snorkeling in the ocean. The water is warm and clear. I'm sure wherever you choose you'll have a great time.
        before you leave be sure you go check out
        Where is the best place to see a Maui magic show? Warren & Annabelle’s Magic! is a staple of Maui’s live entertainment scene.

It is amazing!!! best show on the island. so worth it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
          Kauai. I lived there for 3 years. Stay here. and relax!! You need to visit Pearl Harbor. Island hop airfares are cheap. Go where locals go!! I used to hang here a lot. Amazing hotel!!!
          Kauai is where they filmed Jurassic Park. Ive been to all of them and love Kauai the best. Just more laid back and to me the most beautiful
          http://www.sheraton-kauai.com/
          Exactly what Elk said 100% stayed at the same resort very nice loved it. If you go to Kauai it is relax or play golf or track thru the jungle. there is some fishing too. If your like me go to the Walmart down the road buy a 30 pack and drink off that instead of the fruity drinks @ 9 bucks a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by topher5999 View Post
            Exactly what Elk said 100% stayed at the same resort very nice loved it. If you go to Kauai it is relax or play golf or track thru the jungle. there is some fishing too. If your like me go to the Walmart down the road buy a 30 pack and drink off that instead of the fruity drinks @ 9 bucks a pop.
            Also....Kauai has a Costco now in Lihue. If you are worried about a food budget, you can still get hot dog and coke for under 2 bucks. Thats all you need....sun, blue water, surf, fresh air, and Costco hot dogs.

Comment

We went some a little hole in wall my military cousin suggested that had the best Macadamia nut pancakes I have ever ate, I think I almost had a dozen they were so good. Any place around your hotel for dinner 100 dollar bills are like food coupons get ready, or find something in town like we did.
              Last edited by topher5999; 06-10-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by macthehunt View Post
                Where are u staying? Did u do a package deal?

Comment

We're staying at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villa Resort. Didn't do a package deal. Its pricey but great property and is a condo so you have all the comforts of home. We do a Costco run to get all our food. There are bbq pits so we plan to eat in most of the time. This property has a great beach and is perfect for snorkeling. Check out the website.

Comment

You won't regret going. If you end up in Maui do a day trip with Spearfish Maui, most fun I had there. Underwater hunting is a hell of a time and the reef fish are delicious

Comment

Comment

Jack I think you should take her to dead cow beach. That place is great I think she would love it.

Have fun and enjoy where she decides she deserves it. But I bet she misses those kids.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                          Jack I think you should take her to dead cow beach. That place is great I think she would love it.

Have fun and enjoy where she decides she deserves it. But I bet she misses those kids.
                          That's a good idea, heck she could swim now that there is water in it.
                          I think our biggest hurdle is waiting till last minute.

Comment

thanks will do...

Comment

Kauai

Comment

I don't think Hawaii is any more expensive that any other tropical location, and for me usually less. My last trip to Costa Rica was twice what I spend on a trip to Hawaii. I had a buddy that wanted us to go to Mexico with them this year and it was $4200, and would be stuck at a resort for seven days.

For me Hawaii is GREAT. You can get a rental car and explore the whole island. No need to pay for an $$$ excursion. You can buy food/beer at a Walmart or local grocery store. You can go eat out at a real nice place, or go to Burger King. You can stay at the 5 star Ritz($400/night) or tent camp at a state park for $20/night. Being on US soil you have tons of options. If you like to snorkel you can spend a week going to different bays/locations on Maui.

Comment

Working...
                                X