Texas public lands under attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Ok. I keep reading that you can't hunt within 400 yards of a campsite.

I think you guys are ASSUMING this. Regulations states no hunting within 400 yards of CAMPGROUNDS.

There is no way to know of every campsite, if dispersed camping takes place! Not only that, there would be absolutely no way to control such a stupid regulation.

I know this is National Forest in Texas, but other states allow "dispersed camping", and there is no such thing as not being able to hunt within X distance of a CAMPSITE. Designated CAMPGROUNDS, yes, but not a CAMPSITE.

Carry on.
    First off, no one said 400 yards. The rules state you can not hunt within 150 yards of any structure, or campsite with in the boundaries. What we have said is that a dispersed campsite would have a 300 yard radius around it. This is the first NF to adopt any type of changes and all other NF's are watching, attending meetings and are wanting to adopt the same for their NF's.

You are correct that no one would know where a campsite is if dispersed camping would be allowed, hence the reason for this thread. That was one of our biggest concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      First off, no one said 400 yards. The rules state you can not hunt within 150 yards of any structure, or campsite with in the boundaries. What we have said is that a dispersed campsite would have a 300 yard radius around it. This is the first NF to adopt any type of changes and all other NF's are watching, attending meetings and are wanting to adopt the same for their NF's.

You are correct that no one would know where a campsite is if dispersed camping would be allowed, hence the reason for this thread. That was one of our biggest concerns.
      Completely and totally unenforceable!

"Ok Mr./Ms. Camper, can you give me a description of this hunter that was within 300 yards of your sacred campsite?"
      "Well officer, he was wearing camouflage!"

200 yards......Thumper was just relaying 400 yards square......whatever!

As I stated before, completely and totally unenforceable!

That's like stating no fishing within 200 yards of a spawning paddlefish. It would be impossible to know, therefore unenforceable.

Comment

Working...
      X