No announcement yet.

June bugs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buddy of mine had a tiny one fly in his ear one night while we were sitting in his shop having a beer. He flipped out... for real. It was digging around or trying to fly, making a horrendous noise right next to his ear drum. Doctor got it out the next morning.

I laughed my butt off until I left, then on the way home, and until I finally fell asleep that night.

Comment

I have had the light off on the top of my shop for almost 3 weeks. They were really bad. They will go to the neighbors or someone else that has an outside light on. It works every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
        I buddy of mine had a tiny one fly in his ear one night while we were sitting in his shop having a beer. He flipped out... for real. It was digging around or trying to fly, making a horrendous noise right next to his ear drum. Doctor got it out the next morning.

I laughed my butt off until I left, then on the way home, and until I finally fell asleep that night.
        Same thing happened to my mom in law with a small june bug years ago. Had to go to the ER and the doc pulled it out piece by piece. He looked at my mom in law and asked, "How many legs does a june bug have?"

Comment

I did a job for a customer that had one of the mosquito mister systems and he said he didn't have any more problems with june bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by KMO8204 View Post
            I did a job for a customer that had one of the mosquito mister systems and he said he didn't have any more problems with june bugs.
            Will be putting one in this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Tennis racquet.
              Some of my best child hood memories consist of hunting mud dauber wasps with a wooden shim by the swamp cooler and moths with a fly swatter around the living room ceiling fan. Sure did help when it came baseball season thats for sure.

What are yall calling a june bug the big green beetles or something else? As I have never seen a hoard of june bugs in my area before.

Comment

We used to stand under the street light out in front of the house with a paddle we made out of a 1 x 4 and swat 'em... hours of entertainment... The grub phase is good fishbait, but the bugs ain't. Never had any luck perch fishing with June bugs. A June bug to the forehead on a motorcycle at 50 or so is not a good thing either... leave a pretty good whelp.

Comment

Those June Bug White grubs play hell with St Augustine grass. Noticed a bunch of lawns full of brown patches this year and I do have to admit, this has been an early banner year full of these bastages!

I've got a possum cleaning off my patios from the dead carcasses daily. One moment they are piled up, next morning, all gone!

Had a coon cleaning out all my nightcrawlers though, tearing up my beds...caged that little SOB and he took a country ride! The possum can stay.

This year's batch have a cinnamon brown tint to them around my place. The coastal variety are more brown, these little SOBs are spotted dark cinnamon and brown. Might be due to the oak leaves?
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 04-22-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I'm waiting another few weeks to apply scotts grubex so it will keep the ones born this year from surviving. I

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      when been battling them for 2 weeks now! It shall soon pass.
                      My ducks are tearing them up. Probably eat hundreds each night and still they're are all over the place.

Comment

yep, treat your yard and you can reduce them for next year anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Yep, real bad here. My lab had a belly full then puked them up all over the front porch. Nice little clean up there.

Been there done that. He's not attracted to them anymore.

Comment

Those brown june bugs are European chafers. In my neck of the woods (North Carolina), our june bugs are green.

Comment

Funny enough as I sit here and read this post I hear crunching and look to see what the noise is and yup its my mini schnauzer chomping on a june bug that must have snuck in the house lol

Comment

Working...
                              X