Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water station troughs?....What are you using?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart, the top pic didn't start out in that thick of brush. It grew up over 10 years or so.
    The deer think its supposed to be there............

Comment

Thanks DOC!!
      These look great! From the pics I am guessing you have the piping in insulation or is it poly pipe? Do you have hogs? Looks like I would need to have them in pens with hogs around.

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
        Smart, the top pic didn't start out in that thick of brush. It grew up over 10 years or so.
        The deer think its supposed to be there............
        I was referencing the square tubing more than anything. Mine will have to be near some brush as my feedpen has a lot. I'm good with either or. Thanks for sharing your pics...

Comment

The hose is in some oilfield poly pipe with some spray foam in each end to keep the critters out.
          We have pens around all the water troughs to keep the cows out. Don't have hogs.....YET!!!!!

Comment

Here's my setup.
            Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396888876.939238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	24297535Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396889105.422190.jpg
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	24297536Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396889178.151033.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	24297537
              They seem to like mine.

Comment

Here is a pretty open design that uses a typical commode float valve with a buried water supply line. I saw the design from a south texas ranch website and cast my own. They weigh about#275 pounds and are pretty much critter proof. I'll let the pictures explain the rest...

Name:	IMG_3137.JPG
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	24297538

Name:	IMG_3277.JPG
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	24297540

Name:	IMG_3307.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	24297542

Name:	IMG_3294.JPG
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	24297541

Name:	IMG_3142.JPG
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	24297539

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                  Here is a pretty open design that uses a typical commode float valve with a buried water supply line. I saw the design from a south texas ranch website and cast my own. They weigh about#275 pounds and are pretty much critter proof. I'll let the pictures explain the rest...
                  [ATTACH]612101[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]612103[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]612105[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]612104[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]612102[/ATTACH]
                  Now those are sweet, and I know someone who does concrete for a living Might have to build a few of those!

Comment

Jason this is the only picture I currently have on my phone but its a 300 gallon black cube tank on a 2' tall stand going into a 100 gallon Rubbermaid trough and float from tractor supply.

It's high enough that I don't have a problem with pigs getting in the trough. That said if I had to do it over I would probably get a 50 gallon trough or partially bury this one. I think the really young fawns have trouble reaching into it unless its full.

Comment

Nice Mike!

Comment

Ttt for the Tuesday morning crowd

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Think this is worth doing in the Hill Country when available water is ~1/4 mile away?

Comment

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
                              Think this is worth doing in the Hill Country when available water is ~1/4 mile away?
                              I set mine up about at 2 of my feeders/stands. One is about 250 yards from a water trough and the other is about 700 yards away. My theory was that the deer don't need the water, but it makes my stand a little bit more attractive to them. I have a camera on the water trough too (and have for a few years) and the deer use it. But I don't drinking from it is something they need to survive. If water is farther away I would say that makes it better but to me it was worth putting some water at my stand even though the water trough is pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Anyone on here know where any of the oasis wildlife systems are?

Thanks!

Mummes in Hondo has 4 200gal and 2or 3 300 gal

Comment

Working...
                                X