Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water station troughs?....What are you using?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    I need to do this for the critters in my backyard. Looking the water tote now.

I like hogdudes, but would want a bigger trough to drink from.
    That's prettying what I'm looking for. The tote and piping to it are pretty much set. I'm just looking for a trough..

Comment

u can add 1/2cup of bleach to the big tote and it will keep it from growing algae as easy. Or use a black tote, clear ones grow bacteria a lot easier. Im in the process of building a new box blind and the roof will have a gutter along the back that will fill a 100G tote and have a trough with float for animals to drink out of. Gun run black 3/4" poly between the 2

Comment

Following

Comment

Water station troughs?....What are you using?...

The tote will be black. Just looking for a trough.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
            It gets algae in it, but I have not had an issue with stagnant water..

275 gallon tote & trough will be empty in 3-4 weeks come summer time
            Good news.. Is yours in your feedpen ?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              That's prettying what I'm looking for. The tote and piping to it are pretty much set. I'm just looking for a trough..
              a 55 gallon metal drum cut length wise should work well for you. Protect the float thingy with concrete wire mesh and put a stick in it so the "little" critters have a way to get out if they fall in. Having a dead critter in there sure puts a damper on things.

Comment

It was in my feed pen for 2 seasons. Last year we moved it into an old feed pen that is between two of our feeders.

I'm thinking about moving it back into the pen..

Comment

This is one of the ones my friend Andy made. I didn't think it would last but it's going on 8 years now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

There's a company named SI industries( I think?) that is in the hill country. They make concrete caskets mainly, but they also make concrete troughs in different sizes . You might check them out.
                    Found the link http://www.siprecast.com/products/farm/springtanks.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                      [ATTACH]611945[/ATTACH]

Skinny

Are you building up any algae with not painting it black?

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                        Are you building up any algae with not painting it black?
                        That's a google grab..

Comment

You can put a little copper sulfate in it to take care of the algae.

Comment

I set up a tote with hose and float on a 35ish gallon plastic trough. Threw a stick and some rocks in it for the little critters to escape. Painted my tote black like others have said and it works great.

Comment

I just set up 2 of these, 100 gallon from Oasis Wildlife (which does not make them anymore.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396842876.038293.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	24297476

Comment

Go with one like Hogdudes. Smaller trough means less evaporation.

Comment

Working...
                                X