#DangYouTurkeys Why are you in the middle of town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Hey! I just saw these same pictures on WFAA/ABC news. Did you submit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Hey! I just saw these same pictures on WFAA/ABC news. Did you submit them?
        They saw my work twitter feed and called me wanting to do a short bit. Was good publicity for us @jocotx_em

Comment

Wings aren't clipped he's just been show in' off a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
            They saw my work twitter feed and called me wanting to do a short bit. Was good publicity for us @jocotx_em
            Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              How can you tell?
              Some ranchers will clip tom turkey wings to keep them tight to an area so that they draw in other birds. It keeps them from flying over fence lines easily, forcing them to run a pasture looking for a hole to get over to the other pasture beyond the fenceline, if they choose to leave an area. My uncle used to catch a few birds in a pen, clip their wings down and let them go near a tank full of water and roosting trees, leaving a bit of corn and sorghum there as feed daily. Over time, dozens upon dozens of wild turkeys start to show and a new breeding stock begins. Just a little "Hill Country trick," I've learned through the years around ranching country.

Course, this bird may be dragging his wing tips on cement which is cutting down the ends as well? He would need to squat pretty low to get down to the level his wing tips are cut down though. The wing tips typically drag the ground, even when they wear down after a long strutting season.

Comment

I don't know about if his wings have been clipped, but it looks like he might have 5 or 6 beards in that first pic!

That's one heck of a gobbler right there!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                  Trust me, there's turkeys in Cleburne ALL the time.
                  Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
                  Where..lol.. Only ever shot one and never recovered it....

Mainly at the Walmart and all-you-can eat joints.

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  I have worked with lots of turkeys in Cleburne....

Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    I don't know about if his wings have been clipped, but it looks like he might have 5 or 6 beards in that first pic!

Bisch

Can't believe it took 22 freakin posts for someone to mention that!!!!!!!!!

Definitely looks like a multiple bearded bird....RARE if so. Sometimes though, the beard is just kinda scruffy and looks like different beards but it's just one.

Comment

First thing i noticed was multiple beards... I killed one with 4. Looked alot like that one...

Comment

I killed my first two turkeys sat. Both had 4 beards. I thought that was normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                          I killed my first two turkeys sat. Both had 4 beards. I thought that was normal.
                          it is. all us profesional turkey hunters try real hard to find the ones with one beard and leave anything with 3+ for the newbies

Comment

It sucks but bow's are quiet huh? :P
                            Goof lookin bird though!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
                              Think it's just one.....just hasn't had time to comb it that early in the AM.

Comment

Granbury has our share of turkeys too! Most of the time the PD, DPS or SO has em in cuffs when I see them.

Comment

Working...
                                X