No announcement yet.

Darted a few blackbuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will try to update and do a live darting thread tomorrow. Here is what we are after tomorrow.

Comment

Well about head back out and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
        Well about head back out and try again.

I dont have enough post to reply to your PM. The price for B.A.M is $255 from zoopharm with a perscription from your vet. It comes in a kit with 11cc of sedative and the reversal.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            We have them jump in and out of our feed pens all the time so I don't see why they wouldn't jump out of normal fence. Sure wouldn't be something I would spend money on if I were low fence.
            My dad's place is low fenced and we have never had an issue with them jumping out. Although, I have heard they are capable if they really want to.

I don't think a barbed wire fence would hold them in though. I think they would go through that. We have the net fencing, same as goat fencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Evans Whitetail View Post
              I dont have enough post to reply to your PM. The price for B.A.M is $255 from zoopharm with a perscription from your vet. It comes in a kit with 11cc of sedative and the reversal.
              Thanks for the info.

Comment

a note on the use of BAM, I have found that you can use less than the recomended dose to get the job done. Zoopharm calls for 2cc for a 200# buck, I use 1cc to sedate AND preform surgery for 30min-1hr. This significantly lowers the use cost.

It is 100 reversable and I don't think it is possible to ovedose within reason, esp with the fast 100% reversal.

Comment

How long does it take to knock them out once you dart them.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                    How long does it take to knock them out once you dart them.
                    I have had a 200# buck go down in 5min. With 1cc of B.A.M. The longest I have had for a deer to go down was 10 min.
                    Last edited by Evans Whitetail; 03-28-2014, 09:07 AM. Reason: added comment

Comment

longest I've had is 10 minutes to go down, usually 5-8 minutes.

and standing in 3-10 minutes after reversal, with no after effects

Comment

Well we got one of the rams down and in the trailer.

Comment

Comment

So cool!!!

I want a mouflon! that one is NICE!!!

Plus with his horn growing like that he cant look up and see me in my tripod

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
                              I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong, but my guess on drug would be Rompun since he said they tend to get up on him. At least that's what we use when we catch a lot of them. We use other drugs on larger animals that keeps them alert but basically paralyzed.
                              Darted a bunch of Aoudad with stuff that just temporarily paralyzed them. Nothing like looking a 300# Aoudad in the eye and knowing he is thinking, "you better hurry cause I plan on running your butt over real soon". Catching the ones that were just punch drunk was quite the rodeo too.

Comment

Sucostrin is the "paralyzing" drug, prob with it is that it has a very narrow working dose. Too little and it dosen't work, too much and you have dead animals. We darted a sika couple of years ago, 10-12 seconds is perfect go down time. This one hit the ground in 4 seconds, uh oh too much drug. CPR for ten minutes and all was good, but ten minutes IS A LOOOONG TIME!!!! You have to have an accurate weight guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X