Darted a few blackbuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
    I'll come take care of that problem and you won't have to sit in a small, uncomfortable clump of cedars anymore.
    Its not that uncomfortable. The uncomfortable part is when you walk up and grab one that is not all the way out and he stands up and kicks the crap out of you and you just hang on to his horns for dear life.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
      Why are you darting them? Moving them?

Just curious. I think after we get the high fence up, I might like to get a few black bucks.
      You don't need a high fence

Comment

Sell me one!! Oh, and a ewe!! They dont jump fences

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
          ....The uncomfortable part is when you walk up and grab one that is not all the way out and he stands up and kicks the crap out of you and you just hang on to his horns for dear life.
          I can save you from ALL of that.

Comment

Its not that uncomfortable. The uncomfortable part is when you walk up and grab one that is not all the way out and he stands up and kicks the crap out of you and you just hang on to his horns for dear life.
            been there and done that. First one I ever darted came to life as I grabbed his horns. He was bouncing six feet in the air as I held on. All I could see was those sharp horn ends in my face. Finally got him in a transport box without either of us getting hurt.

what drug are ya'll using on them???

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              Sell me one!! Oh, and a ewe!! They dont jump fences
              I would but I have one ranch wanting all the males. So there all spoken for.

Comment

They really don't go through barbwire fencing? Did this conversation turn into a snipe hunt?

Hard to think they wouldn't walk thru them as small as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                  They really don't go through barbwire fencing? Did this conversation turn into a snipe hunt?

Hard to think they wouldn't walk thru them as small as they are.
                  Pretty much, if you can keep cattle in it, you can keep blackbucks

Comment

We have over 30 of them behind sheep and goat field fence on 70 acres.

Comment

We have over 30 of them behind sheep and goat field fence on 70 acres.
                      They just don't like cold weather!!

Comment

Wow. I did not know that. Learn something everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          They just don't like cold weather!!
                          I have always heard that but I have never lost one to the cold weather that I know of.

Comment

I need a couple to start my herd......

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                              been there and done that. First one I ever darted came to life as I grabbed his horns. He was bouncing six feet in the air as I held on. All I could see was those sharp horn ends in my face. Finally got him in a transport box without either of us getting hurt.

what drug are ya'll using on them???
                              I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong, but my guess on drug would be Rompun since he said they tend to get up on him. At least that's what we use when we catch a lot of them. We use other drugs on larger animals that keeps them alert but basically paralyzed.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X