No announcement yet.

Who has a Roku?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one as well. However, not being able to get local channels is am issue for me. Therefore, I still carry basic channels from my cable company.

Comment

I have a Roku 3 and love it. I wish I had known about them before I bought an xbox 360 to watch netflix on...

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
        we have had one for years. tons of movies ,documentaries, tv ,and more. the channel store has more channels then you need. we mostly watch Netflix and amazon which you have to have subscriptions to. still alot cheaper then satellite. there is even e bowhunter channel I found (not the best) but if more people watch then maybe it will get better.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
        What is the name of the Bow hunting channel?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Can't wait till you find the season pass channels for football and basketball. It only cost a donation and you get any game.

Comment

Love it! Don't watch sports or hunting shows on it. Mostly because I don't watch the shows hardly ever.

Word of advice for streaming player newbies. Get a DUAL BAND wireless router and dedicate one band to the player. Much better performance.

Comment

I can't find any prices on their website for channels. All I see is the price for the different boxes? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  I can't find any prices on their website for channels. All I see is the price for the different boxes? Am I missing something?
                  What you are missing is ROKU doesn't sell channels. It's a streaming device like a DVD player. You don't go to a DVD player's website and expect to find DVD prices.

ROKU has the ability to add channels. Each channel is priced by the channel provider. Ex. Netflix and Hulu Plus are about $8 each.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                    What you are missing is ROKU doesn't sell channels. It's a streaming device like a DVD player. You don't go to a DVD player's website and expect to find DVD prices.

ROKU has the ability to add channels. Each channel is priced by the channel provider. Ex. Netflix and Hulu Plus are about $8 each.
                    Thanks. I'm an old dummy!! LOL!

Comment

Does roku have amc (walking dead)?

Comment

Tuned in

Comment

Originally posted by rcjunky007 View Post
                          Does roku have amc (walking dead)?
                          Go to their website and select all channels for a list. If enough people go to this maybe dtv and dish will lower their prices.
                          Last edited by doghouse; 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

its a good deal

Comment

We get our TV service for next to nothing because of reasons I can't disclose. But I think anyone could easily use roku and netflix paired with a HD antenna for local channels and be able to see most anything they would want to watch. Plus almost all the major networks allow you to watch current programs on there website for free.

Comment

We just got the Roku this weekend. It works ALOT better than streaming wireless over my Blue-ray player. Plus all the added features. It was money well spent!

Comment

Working...
                                X