No announcement yet.

Mexico 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowly but surely i think protein is gonna get harder and harder to get at a reasonable price in Mexico. We need one of the big feed producers to make a deal with us that we'll all buy from them as long as they always have the feed in-stock or something like that. Unfortunately it is highly unlikely a deal like that could be struck. We need to find a good steady feed provider before lack of feed becomes a bigger issue.

Comment

I had the CEO of a major feed company at my ranch last yr. he was committed to providing feed in Mexico. After an exhaustive review he turned away. Seems nafta is a one way street.

Comment

Originally posted by RanchoAB View Post
        Slowly but surely i think protein is gonna get harder and harder to get at a reasonable price in Mexico. We need one of the big feed producers to make a deal with us that we'll all buy from them as long as they always have the feed in-stock or something like that. Unfortunately it is highly unlikely a deal like that could be struck. We need to find a good steady feed provider before lack of feed becomes a bigger issue.
        We tried to provide an alternative to that here a while ago but none of you guys would commit... .........

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          I had the CEO of a major feed company at my ranch last yr. he was committed to providing feed in Mexico. After an exhaustive review he turned away. Seems nafta is a one way street.
          It's the process and headaches of getting through that initial process and knowing the "ropes" etc. Go through it every year with NAFTA on helicopters. The US isn't so bad. Mexico City like to dddddrrrrrraaaaaaggggggg their feet

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
            We tried to provide an alternative to that here a while ago but none of you guys would commit... .........
            What was the alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by RanchoAB View Post
              What was the alternative?
              We were looking to buy enough to cover everyone's needs when we place our order but it never got much interest from anyone.....

Comment

Your Option and Mine were not that Much Different Then Bone Head

Comment

It makes a Big Difference when I have to haul and Find a Place for 10 tones of protein verses getting fresh protein hauled to the ranch for free as needed at the Same Price. What would you have Done

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                    Your Option and Mine were not that Much Different Then Bone Head
                    price wise, no. no difference however the consistency on which one can obtain the feed... why yes... yes there is...

Comment

I have made three deals the last 9 yrs and they have all failed now. Worked on a forth deal with Record Rack for 6 months and a week after they said it was good the go the guys Boss called him back and said to hell with the Mexico hunters. If they go down there they have money to waste so are backing out. I have never bought a bag of record rack since

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                        It makes a Big Difference when I have to haul and Find a Place for 10 tones of protein verses getting fresh protein hauled to the ranch for free as needed at the Same Price. What would you have Done
                        hmmmm let's see, I don't think that I ever said that you needed to order 10 tons.... It's was actually more like this.. "man we can't get no dang protein, blah blah blah..." and my response was "what do you need? we are about to place an order and we can add to it what you need..."

Hey, I was just trying to help out the brotherhood... don't shoot me for that lol

Comment

price wise, no. no difference however the consistency on which one can obtain the feed... why yes... yes there is...
                          You got 1 Load

Comment

hmmmm let's see, I don't think that I ever said that you needed to order 10 tons.... It's was actually more like this.. "man we can't get no dang protein, blah blah blah..." and my response was "what do you need? we are about to place an order and we can add to it what you need..."

Hey, I was just trying to help out the brotherhood... don't shoot me for that lol
                            No it would have took 10 tones for me to make it worth my while. Even with 15 tones I would have been out a month ago

Comment

Hey put me down for 10 tones next Time

Comment

We were looking to buy enough to cover everyone's needs when we place our order but it never got much interest from anyone.....
                                I cant speak for Shane and them or anybody else for that matter, but the feed situation in Mexico is slowly gonna get worse. I think everybody needs to consider a solution, which may be ordering in mega bulk. Things arent getting any better for us down here, feed-wise, any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X