Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the point in Late Antlerless and Spike season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    I supposed you would like it if there weren't seasons at all and it was just a free for all?
    This could possibly be the worst rebuttal in tbh history.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndadio View Post

Yeah I was think that didn't make a lick of sense...

Comment

I supposed you would like it if there weren't seasons at all and it was just a free for all?
        Lame

Comment

Well, with the state allowing only 3 days during the general season for the harvest of antlerless deer, I guess this is their means of population control.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
            Well, with the state allowing only 3 days during the general season for the harvest of antlerless deer, I guess this is their means of population control.

Comment

Why? No seasons and you could kill deer all year. That would open a ton of hunting opportunities.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Comment

Lol. You're setting records.

Comment

We've reached a new low when we complain about additional hunting opportunities.

X2 ....and during deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                    They do it up North in other states.
                    A buck that has already shed antlers can sure look like a doe at long range.
                    I'm totally against it in that respect.
                    a buck is bigger than a doe? The walk different also?

Comment

Lol. You're setting records.
                      And you still haven't contributed a single thing to the discussion. I guess I should have posted this in the Game Management forum.

Comment

I live in East Texas, only season we have is "salt and pepper."

Comment

And you still haven't contributed a single thing to the discussion. I guess I should have posted this in the Game Management forum.

I don't think lack of logic is better in one forum than another.

Comment

I'm a meat hunter. I'll shoot doe's or bucks. I enjoy the time in the woods and the harvest- regardless of horns and bragging rights. I'm guessing this isn't the case with you. This is not to say I shoot every deer I see. I often pass on doe's and yearlings, but am now looking for a doe/spike or two before the end of the season. Already shot my one AR buck, so don't have a choice if I want additional meat for the year.

It's a management tool. You can do your own management if you choose. We have multiple game cams where I hunt and we know what the general deer populations are. If we aren't seeing many doe's/spikes/yearlings, we don't shoot many of them. We know that our harvest this year will affect next year. If you don't think the regulations are correct for where you hunt then contact TP&W, but many areas of the state are overpopulated with doe's because MANY hunters are horn hunters.

Comment

Deer goggles?

Comment

In areas with high deer density it makes perfect sense. Most people don't shoot enough does. When you shoot a doe lay season she is pregnant, a lot of times with twins. Shooting a doe in late season can't take as many as three deer our of the heard with one shot.

Very effective at population management.

Now before everybody gets all butt hurt, in most high deer density areas you are not going to shoot your heard out by shooting does.

It is very scientifically sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X