Would you pay $500 for a hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither would I but I did. So my buddy comes in from a late evening hunt and tells me he arrowed a BIG hog. He ask If i mind help him trail the thing and I say sure no problem. Well the blood trail started out really good the hog is bleeding from both sides and as the story goes the blood begins to be less and less. He wants a picture and the skull bad to we keep following the few drops of blood. Well about 1000 yards in we loose the trail and head back to the truck for the short drive home. We decide to stop in town and grab a bbq sandwitch and thats when i realized I don't have my wallet. I usually leave it in the truck but somewhere in that 1000 yards trailing that hog is a wallet with $500 smackers. I'll go back after season and search the area is just to close to the sanctuary for me to be going thru right now. Nothing like loosing your wallet to make you feel like a real bone head.

was your hunting license in your wallet??? might want to go back now..

Comment

I lost my wallet a couple weeks ago. No cash, but debit cards, and DL and all that good stuff. It's annoying.

Comment

why wait ???

Comment

why wait?
          I would be going now!!!1

Comment

I'm really confused. Why wouldn't you go back now? What does waiting till the end of the season buy you?

Comment

I would go back now while the trail you traveled is still there. Your odds of finding it now are much higher with a fresh memory of route traveled than just stumbling around after the season.

Comment

Way too many necessary things in my wallet to leave it behind and I don't even carry that much cash on me.
                You sir are one cool customer.

Comment

I be going back tonight just to get my fully punched man card

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    I'm really confused. Why wouldn't you go back now? What does waiting till the end of the season buy you?
                    Hopefully a 150" deer that has been showing up. All the deer disappeared for a week after we scampered thru their bedroom. This happened week before last. The area is mostly cedar so its not like it will be buried in leaves. The odds of me finding it are slim because it is extremely thick and will be difficult to find. It will be all luck if I find it and I don't wont to spook my target buck attempting to find a needle in a hay stack.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      I would go back now while the trail you traveled is still there. Your odds of finding it now are much higher with a fresh memory of route traveled than just stumbling around after the season.
                      I spend half my time on my hands and knees following the blood trail. The area quarters away down the side of a mountain. I know where we started and where we ended up so the gps my be my friend. I guess you just had to be there to understand just how thick the area is. besides my wallet in camo. Last camo wallet I will own.

Comment

I keep my license in my wallet too....I would be out there until I found it? Where do you keep you wallet?

Comment

You can get a new lic for $10. Hope you put the smack down on your buck. If the op doesn't care about his wallet right now why do y'all? Wish him the best on his target buck and finding his wallet when he decides to look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                            I keep my license in my wallet too....I would be out there until I found it? Where do you keep you wallet?
                            I would go back and look for my wallet too. But you can get replacement licenses for little, if any cost.

Comment

The rats will have fill day eating it.Better go find it now!

Comment

Working...
                              X