No announcement yet.

Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing is awesome! Congratulations on a neat buck. Thank goodness he gave you the go ahead.

Comment

Its amazing what some folks will do for bones on a critters head.

Comment

Not a mistake but I thought it was pretty funny. Years back a buddy of mine was invited deer hunting by a coworker of ours. My friend never hunted a day of his life or even owned a gun. Well he got excited went to the pawn shop and bought a 270 with scope. He sighted the rifle in with the help of a friend and bought some corn and camo as per the friend who invited him. The lease he was invited to was a family lease that’s been hunted for over 25 years. They weren’t to fond of guests other than family but they let him stay the weekend to hunt. They put him up in the oldest blind on the lease, it was falling apart and the senderos weren’t cleaned in years. He tossed some hand corn and waited it out. He was given the rules of only shooting a buck no does, well a few hours in a buck steps out and he drops it in his tracks. The walkie started going off with the usual who shot, he replied that he’s shot a huge buck. They all laughed and didn’t believe him, when they drove up and saw what he’s shot they weren’t happy at first. He shot the biggest buck the lease has ever produced. Guys on the lease since the beginning never saw a deer of that size. They couldn’t believe it, some stay ****** off others were happy. I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see the pictures and was told the story by both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
          Not a mistake but I thought it was pretty funny. Years back a buddy of mine was invited deer hunting by a coworker of ours. My friend never hunted a day of his life or even owned a gun. Well he got excited went to the pawn shop and bought a 270 with scope. He sighted the rifle in with the help of a friend and bought some corn and camo as per the friend who invited him. The lease he was invited to was a family lease that’s been hunted for over 25 years. They weren’t to fond of guests other than family but they let him stay the weekend to hunt. They put him up in the oldest blind on the lease, it was falling apart and the senderos weren’t cleaned in years. He tossed some hand corn and waited it out. He was given the rules of only shooting a buck no does, well a few hours in a buck steps out and he drops it in his tracks. The walkie started going off with the usual who shot, he replied that he’s shot a huge buck. They all laughed and didn’t believe him, when they drove up and saw what he’s shot they weren’t happy at first. He shot the biggest buck the lease has ever produced. Guys on the lease since the beginning never saw a deer of that size. They couldn’t believe it, some stay ****** off others were happy. I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see the pictures and was told the story by both parties.

Well they weren't specific..lol

Comment

Pretty mich a rule of thumb... if you dont want the biggest buck youve seen (or not seen) ..or at least bigger than anything youve ever killed, shot on your lease...never bring a first time hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
              Sounds more like a successful hunt rather than a guest mistake!
              I wouldn’t mind parameters like that at a few ranches lol

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                That's a really cool story and one heck of a deer. I can say with a high degree of confidence that your the only one on her that's shot a deer in your underwear! At least the only one to admit I so far. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What I want to know is why the deer was wearing his underwear. [emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  What I want to know is why the deer was wearing his underwear. [emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Bahaha!....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love this thread

Comment

I hunt on a very strictly managed property that is bow only. Last year I invited my future BIL to come shoot one of the two cactus bucks we had going to the lease managers feeder. Well I send him plenty of pics of the deer and it is late December so these are the only deer in velvet. I drop him off and go sit in another stand and fall asleep. This stand has very minimal service, I wake up around prime time to a group text with him and another buddy saying he just **** up. Pictures were sent but I couldn't see them due to the bad service.

I'm freaking out thinking he shot the wrong deer so I grab my things and leave the stand to go see what happened. Turns out he shot the right buck but made a bad shot but the deer didn't go far. I was sweating bullets and it was 40 degrees outside. This thread has some great stories!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate to rain on everybody's parade, but that video was staged.

Comment

Someone didnt read the thread before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Shhhhh. Let him feel like he enlightened the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Shhhhh. Let him feel like he enlightened the masses.

Comment

we own property we hunt on but also leases out some of the land. Theres 4 guys on the lease that gets to shoot their deer (1 trophy, 1 spike, 2 doe). I believe it was the last weekend of hunting and the weekend before we had pics of a huge buck over 150+ show up on camera so myself and my brothers were after this buck the last weekend. (we hunt one side of the property and they hunt on theirs) One of the lease people had come up that weekend to shoot some does off since he had already taken his trophy earlier in the year and was with his wife.
                                Last Sunday morning, you guessed it....we come back to camp and the monster is hung up half way skinned...
                                My friend was with me at the time and he was all excited to see such a big buck but i just took a pic of the horns and left at that. I had to explain to him why i wasnt very happy on the ride home.
                                The wife (she was not on the lease agreement as one of the hunters) had shot it and he claimed she was using one of the other hunters tags since they didnt shoot their trophy.
                                We werent very happy with the situation and he wasnt invited to back with their group on the lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X