Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
    In my opinion, it is real and the statement of SPOOF was simply a cover up to save face of shooter after it went viral. The deep diaphragm laughs after the deer was illuminated is not typical of a staged video!
    He has a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      He has a point.
      What reason would the Perlitz Ranch have for anouncing it as a fake? I would think they would do just the opposite unless, like they said, it was a publicity stunt (and seems to have worked VERY well).

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Comment

Guest Mistake Stories...

I started reading this right before I went to a buddies 30k acre ranch to do some cull work. I sent him a picture of every buck that came in. Had to pass on a 150” deer the first morning then 180” deer the same evening. I told him that I could not sit in the same stand the next morning seeing these monster deer. I did however manage to kill a few doe and a cull 9 for him. Here is the big one and my cull.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7316.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	24519394

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7312.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	24519395

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
          I started reading this right before I went to a buddies 30k acre ranch to do some cull work. I sent him a picture of every buck that came in. Had to pass on a 150” deer the first morning then 180” deer the same evening. I told him that I could not sit in the same stand the next morning seeing these monster deer. I did however manage to kill a few doe and a cull 9 for him. Here is the big one and my cull.

[ATTACH]884043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]884044[/ATTACH]

Heck of a cull. Just proves the term “cull” is relative. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
            I was doing some work for a guy on the YO and of course there were exotics running everywhere. My boss was with me and he was friends with the owner. The guy asks my boss if he wants to kill some black buck does which he wholeheartedly says yes. He tells him to shoot as many as he wants, they have too many. He takes my boss to the blind and I'm still working and hear a shot, then another, then another, and one more to boot. The guy comes over and says "sounds like Kevin got into a mess of them". I've seen him shoot before, so I know if he shot 4 times he has that many kills. Sure enough, the owner goes to pick him up except he has 4 Axis does on the ground. Owner was not too happy with him, but was gracious enough to let it ride. He asked me if I was interested in shooting some and I said I would be. I was put into another blind and I knew I was not going to take anything but black buck. I sat there for about two hours and watched a parade of exotics file past me, sika, axis, fallow, elk and other stuff I didn't know the name of. No black bucks. I think the owner was a little relieved and I was sure hoping we would get called back to do some more work but it never happened. I asked my boss later why he shot the axis knowingly and he said "that guy has more money than he knows what to do with and what's the harm". I didn't work for that guy much longer.

I know the owner of the YO, well actually they sold it so I know the old owner. I don't have anything nice to say about him so I'll keep my mouth shut.

I was on a hunt at Camp Cooley Ranch out of Franklin, TX a few years back. There was a man and his son out there hunting the 1000 acre high fence section for Sika. That section was in the middle of the 10,000 acre ranch. We were there for hogs and does on the low fence part.

The guide shows up to pick them up and the kid (around 20yo) said he shot 2 sika. The guide walks out the blood trail to the animal and it is a 6x6 elk bull. He asks the kid "did the other one look like this?" "yeah looked just like it" Sure enough he had shot another 6x6 elk. The price total on those were $15,000. A lot north of the sika prices. The dad signed over the title to his pickup to the ranch right there and called his wife to come pick him and his son up.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
              I know the owner of the YO, well actually they sold it so I know the old owner. I don't have anything nice to say about him so I'll keep my mouth shut.

I was on a hunt at Camp Cooley Ranch out of Franklin, TX a few years back. There was a man and his son out there hunting the 1000 acre high fence section for Sika. That section was in the middle of the 10,000 acre ranch. We were there for hogs and does on the low fence part.

The guide shows up to pick them up and the kid (around 20yo) said he shot 2 sika. The guide walks out the blood trail to the animal and it is a 6x6 elk bull. He asks the kid "did the other one look like this?" "yeah looked just like it" Sure enough he had shot another 6x6 elk. The price total on those were $15,000. A lot north of the sika prices. The dad signed over the title to his pickup to the ranch right there and called his wife to come pick him and his son up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow.. that's terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  Heck of a cull. Just proves the term “cull” is relative. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. The ranch manager aged him at 6 1/2. They are trying to cull all the older deer that are not a 10 point or above.

Comment

Let a friend who really isn’t a hunter but likes to eat venison come down to shoot a doe. Went over a bunch of Trail Cam pictures to help him gauge maturity.
                    The one he shot still looked like the spots hadn’t completely faded. One hand lift into the truck.

Comment

OMG

Comment

The cost of an education keeps going up [emoji23]

Comment

Comment

The kid's dad sounds like a rare person - someone with integrity and character who quietly paid the bill and took responsibility rather than whine and make excuses.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

My dad is a calm guy and I can count on one hand the number of times he got legitimately angry at something I did growing up. That said, I would be beyond terrified and hiding behind a tree somewhere if I pulled something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                                The kid's dad sounds like a rare person - someone with integrity and character who quietly paid the bill and took responsibility rather than whine and make excuses.

Regards,

Dave

That’s the truth. He didn’t argue, didn’t fight. Just asked if they would take his truck as payment. I don’t know what happened to the son when they left the ranch though.

Comment

Working...
                                X