No announcement yet.

Thinking about starting running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never used the couch to 5k, but looks like a good schedule. Most important is good fitting shoes. Some where like Luke's Locker is a good place to start. They put you on a treadmill and watch how your feet hit the ground to determine the best shoe for you. I've done 4 half marathons and still jog and walk part way. Now I'm getting into bikes and am going to do a Duathlon in Austin in Dec.
    Good luck to you. Stay fit

Comment

Pay attention to your body. I didn't back in September training up for a marathon and pressed a little too much after coming off of a 54 mile week.

I decided to go for a short run the next morning even though my legs were hurting after a 12 miler and ended up pulling my hamstring. I took a week off and started running again even though my biomechanics were still screwed up and strained my MCL. Now I'm taking an involuntary break from running and it's questionable whether I can be ready for the Cowtown Marathon in February.

Lesson is, start slow and pay attention to your body. It's not worth a little more mileage to risk injury.

Comment

Thanks guys ,Im still waiting for my doctor to release me to start working out . Had surgery a few weeks ago and he has me limited to what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
          100%
          Ok thank goodness lol

Comment

Working...
          X