• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to meeting you Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      If you see a fellow with garguy steve on his tag, introduce yourself
      It was great to finally shake your hand. You and Roy d Mercer.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        It was great to finally shake your hand. You and Roy d Mercer.
        Same here. Man it was like a family reunion out there this year. Great show.

Comment

Sorry I missed you and Mitch I was surprised at how many people were there I agree great show

Comment

Here are 4 that I found in roughly the same spot along a dry drainage in dimmit county. The two on the left are both really thick, especially the top one. The one on the bottom left is smooth on the other side and the tip slightly slopes up. The two on the right are both pretty thin. Any idea what they are called and a general age?
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more points I have found recently in the same area as the points in the last post. The "tear drop" shape points, we find alot of those, we joke and call them indian guitar picks.

The perdiz and the triangle are my favorite finds so far. When I found the perdiz I just stared at it for a minute because I was kinda stunned. At first I thought it was a leave, it was just sitting so perfect on a pedestal of dirt at the base of a cactus. The triangle was a pure accident, I was walking back to my truck on a main ranch road and kicked what I thought was a broken piece of flint. When the piece flipped over like a ninja star, I got really excited and realized what I found. This is the first triangle we have found, but those tear drop points where found within 40 yards on the same ranch road.

The last 2 pictures are close ups of the triangle and the perdiz. They are both really thin and the perdiz is no thicker than a dollar bill.

Any idea what these points are each called, approximate age, and what tribe normally made them?
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, beautiful points.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                  Here are some more points I have found recently in the same area as the points in the last post. The "tear drop" shape points, we find alot of those, we joke and call them indian guitar picks.

The perdiz and the triangle are my favorite finds so far. When I found the perdiz I just stared at it for a minute because I was kinda stunned. At first I thought it was a leave, it was just sitting so perfect on a pedestal of dirt at the base of a cactus. The triangle was a pure accident, I was walking back to my truck on a main ranch road and kicked what I thought was a broken piece of flint. When the piece flipped over like a ninja star, I got really excited and realized what I found. This is the first triangle we have found, but those tear drop points where found within 40 yards on the same ranch road.

The last 2 pictures are close ups of the triangle and the perdiz. They are both really thin and the perdiz is no thicker than a dollar bill.

Any idea what these points are each called, approximate age, and what tribe normally made them?
                  There are good a bunch of late archaic triangles out there like Matamois and Tortugas but I dont think your last one falls in with them. I think it is an Early Triangle. Actual name and a very nice one. Great beveling. Also the stubby little guy may be a paleo point. Woukd have to gave them in hand to say for sure. Maybe Reelthreat will chip in. He knows those points out there.

Comment

Any ideas on these points? All we’re surface finds in McLennan county Click image for larger version

Name:	95F53783-820F-4934-B362-60395551028E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	24653460

Click image for larger version

Name:	0C2454B3-E72F-4FCF-8013-1FDD826213BD.jpeg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	24653461

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB1E4531-D6DC-4FEF-B048-21C334C0DC34.jpeg
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	24653462

Comment

Any ideas on the orange colored one? It’s the only one that color I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Wow, beautiful points.
                        X2

that is a really thin point, lots of skill to make that one.

Comment

Found these bird points today in my neighborhood. Can anyone tell me anything about them?? Found in Travis county.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jack; 06-18-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I have numerous scraping tools, arrow heads, pottery shards. Extended family owns land where a large Indian camp use to exist 400 to 800 yrs ago.
                            No till farming keeps things covered up.. doesnt bring them to the top like a plow.
                            This display belongs to my dad.
                            There is still a large depression on a high hill.. where they used to have fires.. still a few silted in caves along an abandoned river bed.. there also used to be visible hieroglyphics along a sandstone cliff.. we got to see them when i was in boyscouts,.. 44 odd yrs ago.
                            Where i live, we have Pawnee Gap, it is a magical almost mystical path, used by Indians for centuries..
                            Zebulon Pike camped there in 1806. My grandmother lived in the gap with her 3 sisters.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 06-18-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                              I have numerous scraping tools, arrow heads, pottery shards. Extended family owns land where a large Indian camp use to exist 400 to 800 yrs ago.
                              No till farming keeps things covered up.. doesnt bring them to the top like a plow.
                              There is still a large depression on a high hill.. where they used to have fires.. still a few silted in caves along an abandoned river bed.. there also used to be visible hieroglyphics along a sandstone cliff.. we got to see them when i was in boyscouts,.. 44 odd yrs ago.
                              Where i live, we have Pawnee Gap, it is a magical almost mystical path, used by Indians for centuries..
                              Zebulon Pike camped there in 1806. My grandmother lived in the gap with her 3 sisters.

Wow there are some amazing pieces there. Sounds like an amazing place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post

Neat display and fun to look at but unfortunately most of that is modern fantasy. I would love to see just the items found.
                                Last edited by GarGuy; 06-19-2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X