X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll pass on the info. Thanks!
    Lesto!!

Comment

Any idea what this one is? Jasper county near Angelina river.
      Attached Files

Comment

Goodfellah, your arrowhead is pretty rough and hard for me to nail down. Using the location I looked in my book and came up with 3 possibilities. They are:

- Lange
        - Epps
        - Woden

It appears to be made of petrified wood possibly. Do you have any others that you've found in the same general area?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Goodfellah, your arrowhead is pretty rough and hard for me to nail down. Using the location I looked in my book and came up with 3 possibilities. They are:

- Lange
          - Epps
          - Woden

It appears to be made of petrified wood possibly. Do you have any others that you've found in the same general area?
          Definitely petrified wood. Unfortunately, this is the first one i have found. I will check to see if any other members have pics of theirs I can post. There have been several found in that area over the years.

Comment

Quarterback, I'm thinking Lange, thanks for the help!

Comment

Can you please experts ID please- Edwards county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                Can you please experts ID please- Edwards county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Those look like preforms. Maybe trade items?

Comment

Smith County found it when we were building our house pad. Can someone ID

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man im not sure what to say about that one.. Do you have any pics that show the flaking?

It is shaped very much like the ones sold in novelty shops but since you found it, let see the flaking.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TEXAS4LIFE View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                      Great find

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Man im not sure what to say about that one.. Do you have any pics that show the flaking?

It is shaped very much like the ones sold in novelty shops but since you found it, let see the flaking.
                        Let me rephrase a little bit, my uncle picked it up while we were doing the dirt work, now if he planted it or if it was actually there I do not know. I'm not to familiar with how to show the flaking, do I just turn it on its side and take pics?

Comment

That was my first thought as well.

Comment

Maybe get it out in indirect lighting Focused pic so the flaking shows best even if the pic has to bee taken at an angle. FYI... im not declaring it a fake. there are some point types that have a similar shape.

Comment

Maybe get it out in indirect lighting Focused pic so the flaking shows best even if the pic has to bee taken at an angle. FYI... im not declaring it a fake. there are some point types that have a similar shape.
                              I'll get it this evening and repost some pics. We were skeptical that it was not real as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                Great find
                                Thanks piney.. found this one yesterday. I was howlin in the creek! Shame it has a little damage but still a beauty!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X