No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a hard time identifying this point my wife found from Webb county. Thought maybe some of the experts here could tell me for sure?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

It's likely a Tortuga

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        It's likely a Tortuga
        Thank you sir, most of the ones that we find are Tortuga’s just seemed to have a slightly different shape. Your insight is appreciated.

Comment

What would you say on this one? Abasolo or Catan?

[IMG] best free image hosting site[/IMG]

[IMG] best free image hosting site[/IMG]

Comment

Couple more finds from Atascosa county yesterday after the rains.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Iron_Buck View Post
              Couple more finds from Atascosa county yesterday after the rains.
              The two most completes are pedernales points. 3500 ish years old. The Triangle at left is probably catan. The rest are too busted up for me to id.

Comment

The two most completes are pedernales points. 3500 ish years old. The Triangle at left is probably catan. The rest are too busted up for me to id.

Thanks Garguy!

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And a couple more from atascosa county this morning. Never found anything like the first one before
                    Attached Files

Comment

Top is a martindale. Bottom right is a Wilson. It's oooold at least 10,000yrs. Was once much larger.

The left hand item, I could guess at but pics not good enough to be definitive.

Comment

Top is a martindale. Bottom right is a Wilson. It's oooold at least 10,000yrs. Was once much larger.

The left hand item, I could guess at but pics not good enough to be definitive.
                        Wow that’s awesome! Thanks for the info as always garguy

Comment

10,000!!!!!! Wow that’s a heck of a find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright Garguy some more from this morning Atascosa co. Dad found the big one looks like a knife blade?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Big one is just an archaic blade. Skinny bottom right was probably a Wells with stem broke. Yellow stemmed is bulverde.

The little squatty point bottom left sure looks like a worn out Pelican. That's generally an East Tx type. If you can post good pics of it from both sides showing flaking

Comment

It looks like it’s got a few breaks in it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X