No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentleman, found these this weekend in Webb County. First and Second arrowheads I have ever found. Any information, ID and general time frame they were made would be appreciated!

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

How it was found.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
        Gentleman, found these this weekend in Webb County. First and Second arrowheads I have ever found. Any information, ID and general time frame they were made would be appreciated!

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
        The larger one looks a little big to be a Morhiss. Maybe a Zorra which is right for the area but I'm still learning to ID them. If it's a Zorra it would be 5500-7000 years old.

Comment

I think the bigger one is late archaic so 3000 give or take. The other is probably considerably older but the most diagnostic features are damaged.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen! I was excited to find them. It's fantastic to think that these were owned by my people-hunters! Once again, thanks for the help!

Comment

Almost looks like something was written on this piece. It fits your hand perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                How it was found.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

That almost never happens! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                  Found this one at our lease in Stonewall a couple of weeks ago. What is it?
                  I believe I saw one like this buried in the back of a wolly mammoth.

Comment

Wife found this one on our place it is nothing like any other material here. Heavy as heck about 4lbs. Super smooth, fits the hand good for smashing. Not sure if it’s anything or not

Comment

Couple brokes this past weekend from atascosa county, is this possibly a broken drill? Haven’t seen any points like this
                      Attached Files

Comment

I found this point this afternoon on the Brazos (southeast Brazos county).

Is this a Darl?

Comment

Burleson County find. I’m guessing this was a thumb scraper that was sharp at one time? There aren’t any sharp edges, and it is extremely worn and smooth. I pulled out a point or 2, brokes and many, many chips and flakes in the same hole.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                            I found this point this afternoon on the Brazos (southeast Brazos county).

Is this a Darl?

I think it is a darl. Did you drop it?

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                              Burleson County find. I’m guessing this was a thumb scraper that was sharp at one time? There aren’t any sharp edges, and it is extremely worn and smooth. I pulled out a point or 2, brokes and many, many chips and flakes in the same hole.

I can't see work on that. Maybe a fossilized mussel?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                I think it is a darl. Did you drop it?
                                No sir, it was under some rocks. It was recently broke, dried dirt was on both portions.

Comment

Working...
                                X