Miami Heat-Birdman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miami Heat-Birdman

Some people like him, some don't, but I'm very happy for him. Chris and I were roommates on basketball team at Blinn College and then off and on for several years afterwards. Growing up the way he did, and making it to the NBA, and now winning a world title is pretty awesome. Even if you don't like the Miami Heat, ya gotta respect them, are a great team. I was bummed to see the Texas team go down, especially after blowing game 6, but proud to see a friend reach the pinnacle of the sport. He's a warrior and plays like it when he's on the court. People would be surprised to learn that Chris loves to fish and even does a bunch of bow hunting in Texas for hogs when he gets the chance...actually bought me my first bow 2 yrs ago for my birthday! And I still love shooting that Bear Carnage.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371812280.675590.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	24970780

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371812320.342496.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	24970781Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371812472.329072.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	24970782

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371812526.425601.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24970783

That's really cool man, I wasn't a fan of him cause I love the spurs but now I've got some respect!!

Comment

He also enjoys body checking defenseless opponents when their backs are turned.

Comment

Great read, just goes to show there is more to a book than the cover!

Comment

Thats a cool story, thanks for sharing. Congrats to your friend.

Comment

No I don't but great post

Comment

When that was your avatar, I thought you where in the drivers seat, and that was just another kid hanging off the side.....

Comment

Pretty cool...Someone told me he grew up in Eola...That true?

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
                  He also enjoys body checking defenseless opponents when their backs are turned.
                  I saw him do this several times to Duncan...I guess that's the current NBA. He is a hard guy to like based on his appearance. Thanks for giving some insight. Still don't like the Heat. I guess we get to hear about how great Lebron-bron is for another year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    Pretty cool...Someone told me he grew up in Eola...That true?
                    Iola

Comment

Grew up in Iola, in a house that never got finished, so they stayed in what was more like a barn. Then he spent a few years in Dentin in a children's home bc his mom was struggling at time, then back to barn for high school. When we played at Blinn together I'd go stay with him on wknds some bc it wasn't far from Brenham. I didn't grow up with much...but it made me feel blessed to have grown up with a roof over my head bc that little barn wasnt much for a family of 5

Comment

Pretty cool. I always liked him because he is more of an old school physical player. Not much on offense, but he makes up for it on defense and rebounding. Congrats to him on the Championship.

Comment

Yep congrats to the birdman!! Definitely an original, has hustle and heart...

Comment

And I wasn't a huge Heat fan either, and certainly love the Spurs and the whole organization...but ya gotta root for your friends. I'd have been happy if Chris played well and Spurs won as well. But nothing wrong with him getting a ring, once in a lifetime opportunity

Comment

pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X