Cleaning old ball caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codie View Post
    Give it about 30 minutes and that will be patented. I have made that mistake before. Dont spill the beans until AFTER you have it sewed up because it WILL show up not to long after you give everybody the idea and they actually act on it
    Lol..Your probably right. I do have an uncle who is a patent attorney. Guess I could use this thread as proof the idea was stolen, tie em up in court for years..then settle for a few hundred dollars or a ranch.

Comment

Bump on an old thread...any new ideas on the best way to clean a ball cap?

Comment

Cleaning old ball caps

I’m a little OCD now with the hats I really like. I just use dawn dish soap and water mixture and scrub with a vegetable brush from HEB. I them set them to dry on a bowel that’s close to the hat size to let it air dry. Make a old hat look brand new again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Abu_dude; 10-21-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Washing machine and hang to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            I have a favorite hat........I ordered a dozen of them and I am now on my third one........
            I thought I was bad for ordering 4 of the same. You win.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
              Sacrilage!! You people are heartless! When you find the perfect cap, you can't just throw it away! You wash it multiple times, have your momma put it back together several times, caress it and care for it forever!

PS... My wife says I have a slight cap/hat problem, but HEY, I only have 60-70, I used to have about 150-200!
              Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                I’m a little OCD now with the hats I really like. I just use dawn dish soap and water mixture and scrub with a vegetable brush from HEB. I them set them to dry on a bowel that’s close to the hat size to let it air dry. Make a old hat look brand new again!

If you have a bowel close to hat size (and shape) I think I would get that checked out.

I am in the pool/hot tub crowd. Never gets them pristine, but good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                  I use the washing machine and dryer works just fine.
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    If you have a bowel close to hat size (and shape) I think I would get that checked out.

I am in the pool/hot tub crowd. Never gets them pristine, but good enough.
                    I got a melon for a head man! Momma always did say I've been a pain since birth

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                      I got a melon for a head man! Momma always did say I've been a pain since birth

Think he’s referring to your spelling of BOWL as BOWEL. If your BOWEL is shaped like a hat you need to see a doctor ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                        Think he’s referring to your spelling of BOWL as BOWEL. If your BOWEL is shaped like a hat you need to see a doctor ASAP!

Ya know, that definitely would make more sense! I hate using Tapatalk from a phone. Changes half the words I type.

Comment

[quote=jimmy o;7152666]
                          Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                          Dishwasher, with a good dousing of the wife's favorite spray stain remover.

The hot water always seems to shrink them to much to fit my melon the way I like.

it shouldn't do that if you wear it until it's dry

Comment

I wear my hats into the shower. I hand scrub with shampoo about 4 or 5 times. Then hang dry.

Washing machines and dishwashers bring bad luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X