No announcement yet.

East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill them all. Luckily I only have one showing up regularly, that's bound to change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
      Got rid of 7 pigs off our place today in one trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Awesome! 7 down and 7 million more to go.

Comment

one in the dark, it's getting close

Never seen this one before trail cam on a game trail. corn 40yrds away on ground never seen him on it just does.
        Attached Files

Comment

Love this thread. Thx fellas

Comment

Confession: I have been creeping this forum and site for a couple of years and have replied to a post only once. I'm on the outside looking in. You guys and gals don't know how much you have helped me with learning to bow hunt in East Texas. I started bow hunting in Marquez in 2012 and finally got one in 2015.

Marquez update- We are covered with hogs, seeing up to 20 at a time at the feeders. Not so many deer but I hope they show up this weekend once we run the hogs off. Acorns are starting to drop.

Comment

The deer are probably there, but they may not hit the feeders if the hogs are at them all the time. Good luck this season.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully we can scare them off this weekend so the deer will come in.

Comment

Looking forward to another season in the Pines. I have a couple of decent ones on camera but nothing that has me real excited yet

Comment

Hello all, love this site and all the information it provides. So this is the first time I will attempt to bow hunt and wanted to see if I could ask a question or two. First, I will be in Red River County and wanted to see when do you typically start to see rubs? Also, I have placed a tree stand at about 13' up with pretty decent cover, is this too low or am I ok?

Comment

Originally posted by HoytHouser View Post
                      Hello all, love this site and all the information it provides. So this is the first time I will attempt to bow hunt and wanted to see if I could ask a question or two. First, I will be in Red River County and wanted to see when do you typically start to see rubs? Also, I have placed a tree stand at about 13' up with pretty decent cover, is this too low or am I ok?
                      You should be good. Many people hunt from the ground and kill deer. As long as you are still and minimize your movements.

Comment

I went out yesterday and found several rubs. I have two good bucks on the hit list that are regulars at my set up

Comment

Going today to put up a new stand and put in a few food plots. Got some turnips, beets, and Essex rape seed. Hopefully they like something I'm putting out!

Comment

Heading down tomorrow to do some mowing, fill feeders and check cameras.

Comment

Here is a 10pt that has really caught my eye. 15acre lot, I wont pass him up. He is with the bachelor group of four or five bucks.

I took a page from Garguy and set up a camera on some hand corn in the thick woods. Ive been seeing the same deer at the feeder, trying to find other mature bucks lurking out of sight.

Comment

I'm on a lease this year. Have my box blinds set up but need to put feeders out ASAP. Kind of been going slow with the feeders because everyone else has been feeding as well as food plots. One of my stands is in a clear cut next to a wooded section. I can get to that stand pretty easily. Should I hand corn, a timed feeder, on demand push stick feeder , or what? Takes me about 30-45 minutes from my house but the clear cut stays with water. Any advice

Comment

Working...
                                X