East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    Just got back from another work trip to the lease. **** it is hot outside! I'm talking miserable, brutal, ***-kicking hot.

You're right about that! I put in a little work myself on Saturday.

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You did put in a little work !! I was working this past weekend as well. Still have the Chiggers to show for it as well . Hate these things !!!

Comment

I've been pretty lazy so far. But I finally put out a feeder, several gravity feeders and 4 cameras up at the new lease. Got on a new timber lease and don't know what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
          I've been pretty lazy so far. But I finally put out a feeder, several gravity feeders and 4 cameras up at the new lease. Got on a new timber lease and don't know what to expect.

Expect anything! It's East TX! But don't expect any deer. There are no deer in East TX. [emoji16]

Comment

Any of y'all hunt out of an elevated pop up blind?? Thinking about putting one in the creek bottom/oak flat. Thoughts?

Comment

Raccoons and squirrels might use it for a trampoline.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                Expect anything! It's East TX! But don't expect any deer. There are no deer in East TX. [emoji16]

I'm expecting lots of hogs. Last weekend I saw a fresh hog rub that had been used pretty often plus lots of hog tracks. Though I did see lots of deer tracks too.

Ideas on how and what to plant for a good plot in pines with a thick canopy? Won't be able to get a tractor back in there.

Comment

I have the same question. I can put corn feeders out til I turn blue, but it just seems like the **** hogs vacuum it all up before the deer even have a chance. The latest thing I'm trying now is a mineral site, using Deer Cane Liquid with mineral blocks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                    I'm expecting lots of hogs. Last weekend I saw a fresh hog rub that had been used pretty often plus lots of hog tracks. Though I did see lots of deer tracks too.

Ideas on how and what to plant for a good plot in pines with a thick canopy? Won't be able to get a tractor back in there.
                    Elbon...that mess will come up in your truck bed if you manage to spill some.

Comment

Originally posted by CookieMonster View Post
                      Got off my lease last year and I'm planning on trying out the national forest up around the lake. When I was on a lease (Jasper county), I learned that hand thrown corn and gravity feeders brought in more and better quality deer than the timer/spin cast feeders. Food plots are a plus if they survive the weather, hogs and ph levels.
                      Please be safe. If you can hunt with a local than do that. The locals know the national forests like the back of their hands and can at least give you a safe experience.

Comment

I bought 55.5 acres in Wood county a few months ago. I now am considering how to best setup stands, feeders, and food plots. According to the TPWD biologist, this area has a LOT of deer, though I have yet to see any on the property. I did catch two on game camera though. Lots of hogs.

I already have two stands and plan to buy a third. I'm excited about the season! Plus, the property is only 20 minutes from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                          I bought 55.5 acres in Wood county a few months ago. I now am considering how to best setup stands, feeders, and food plots. According to the TPWD biologist, this area has a LOT of deer, though I have yet to see any on the property. I did catch two on game camera though. Lots of hogs.

I already have two stands and plan to buy a third. I'm excited about the season! Plus, the property is only 20 minutes from my house.

Awesome !!!
                          I'd love to be be able to post the same except for the that close to home part.
                          Anything that close to where I live wouldn't be feasible.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what general area? There's some land near where I hunt that sold not too long ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                              Awesome !!!
                              I'd love to be be able to post the same except for the that close to home part.
                              Anything that close to where I live wouldn't be feasible.

Congrats!

Sure it would....it just might be more of a duck hunting place.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                                If you don't mind me asking, what general area? There's some land near where I hunt that sold not too long ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                                NE of Hawkins on 1795, next to Big Sandy creek.

Comment

Working...
                                X