No announcement yet.

Free masons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this BowSlayer fellow takes issue with the way Masons conduct their business.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      If I didn't know any better, I'd say this BowSlayer fellow takes issue with the way Masons conduct their business.
      Meh, was just trying to get a better understanding of what's going on there but I think I'm more confused now than ever. I know, I know, if I want to know more I need to join them.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        Again, no answer.

That's because it's a secret. Duh.

Comment

I did try to join up and posted my experience. Then some Masons laughed and said that doesn't happen. But it did happen. I'm trying to figure out if all lodges operate the same or if it was just the lodge I went to.

I also asked if the oath required a new member to say he was lost in darkness and seeking the light of freemasonry. Again, no answer.
          This was actually answered...post 109
          Last edited by wes122984; 08-26-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
            I didnt join the Masons to become a Christian. I was already a Christian. I didnt join the lodge to learn more about Christ. I also dont go to Bass Pro shops to become a Christian or to learn more about Christ. Two different things folks. Quit trying to turn it into something its not.
            The point was trying to understand how a Christian could join the Masons who's beliefs/rituals seem to be counter to the Christian faith. Your statement "I didn't join the club to learn more about Christ" says a lot. It has also been said several times "The Masons make me a better man" but how without Christ. For me ... If the reason to join is to become a better man why not follow Christ... especially since you are a Christian?

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
              The point was trying to understand how a Christian could join the Masons who's beliefs/rituals seem to be counter to the Christian faith. Your statement "I didn't join the club to learn more about Christ" says a lot. It has also been said several times "The Masons make me a better man" but how without Christ. For me ... If the reason to join is to become a better man why not follow Christ... especially since you are a Christian?
              Exactly my way of thinking... i cant become a better man without Christ. Who ever said i could? I havent heard one person who says they are a mason on here say that. Where are you getting this?

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
                I didnt join the Masons to become a Christian. I was already a Christian. I didnt join the lodge to learn more about Christ. I also dont go to Bass Pro shops to become a Christian or to learn more about Christ. Two different things folks. Quit trying to turn it into something its not.
                this^^^

Comment

Thank you for actually saying it. That's the main thing I wanted to know.
                  Our lodge did.

Comment

As a Mason I can say we do things behind the scenes and do not seek publicity. Kind of like the gift given with no name attached. At least that's what my Lodge does. No publicity it what I admire about being a Mason!

Comment

I think what i have gotten out of this is that Mason's Believe in God but not in Christ (as being the son of God). they are devote Christians but do not pray through Christ but directly to God.
                      I have to admit after reading every post it becomes somewhat confusing but somewhere along the line that is what my mind became set on.
                      Geeze come on.

Not all Masons are devout Christians, some are Jewish and of other religions an of course they do not worship Jesus Christ. Those of us who are Christians pray to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...outside of the Masonic Lodge.

Once again...Freemasonry is NOT a Christian Organization, it is not a church or a religion. It was founded in antiquity and once again, is based upon the Old Testament...well before the birth of Christ and the advent of Christianity when there was simply God Almighty.

So, now that you're clear on that lol...understand that we still follow IN LODGE the same esoteric work that has been handed down since around the year 1390 and some scholars believe for thousands of years.

In my church, the First Methodist Church of El Campo we speak of Jesus and the New Testament. In the Masonic Lodge we speak of King Solomon and the Old Testament. And guess what...for us Christians Jesus never leaves our hearts, souls or minds while in Lodge or outside of it.

Oh and for Death From Above...
                      When you Freemasons want to engage in a genuine debate about your beliefs without all of the sidestepping and name calling then lets have at it. Just know that i know of every oath you have taken in a Lodge and am prepared to debate the with my rebuttal coming from Scripture.

If the Bible does not mean anything to you then the debate would be useless.
                      I'll debate with you anytime buddy as long as the Bible that you speak of is the Old Testament. The New Testament has no place in Freemasonry because it didn't exist during the time of Solomon...but the Old Testament did.

Also, just FYI...you may think you know everything there is about Freemasons but honestly you don't have a clue.

But you go ahead and ask me my beliefs and I'll answer you honestly and sincerely right here on the Green Screen.

I will not however tell you things that only a Mason who has gone through the three Degrees would know. You do the three degrees and then we'll talk about that.

Comment

Praying to the God of the Bible and expecting him to hear you I would think you would want to pray as he instructed us to. That's why I asked "why pray at all?".
                        When I think of praying the way the bible says to pray I think of the passage that begins with the words; Our Father, who art in heaven.

I also believe when I pray God knows what is in my heart and hears my prayers. It doesn't matter if I am in lodge, in church, or 10 feet up in a tree overlooking a couple game trails.

I asked if YOU believe the God of the Bible is the same God that all other Religions pray to and you didn't answer that. The Masons believe that to be the case. Do YOU? You said "Masonry teaches to trust in your faith in your God. It doesn't matter which God that is. Masonry really teaches that there is only one God and everybody just calls him a different name. Correct?

I don't know if the God of the Holy Bible (some would say Abrahamic God) is the same God as Allah, or Jehova, or Yaweh. I guess I'll learn the answer to that question when I am called to face him one on one. Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me. I don't think Masonry teaches that. At least, I haven't found that in any of the teachings of Masonry.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
                          When I think of praying the way the bible says to pray I think of the passage that begins with the words; Our Father, who art in heaven.

I also believe when I pray God knows what is in my heart and hears my prayers. It doesn't matter if I am in lodge, in church, or 10 feet up in a tree overlooking a couple game trails.

I don't know if the God of the Holy Bible (some would say Abrahamic God) is the same God as Allah, or Jehova, or Yaweh. I guess I'll learn the answer to that question when I am called to face him one on one. Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me. I don't think Masonry teaches that. At least, I haven't found that in any of the teachings of Masonry.
                          I appreciate your honest replies to my questions. Obviously I don't know much about the Teachings of Masons except for what I can dig up on the internet. Just do yourself a favor and do a little more digging of your own on the subject. I'm not saying you're wrong because I have no idea. What I'm saying is you owe it to yourself to find out the truth and not just subscribe to something without fully understanding the possible consequences. Read this page if you want... http://www.formermasons.org/issues/t...iew_of_God.php

Then find out the true answer for yourself by whatever means necessary. You have access to reading materials that I don't or I would find the truth myself. You are correct that God will hear you no matter where you are. The question is does he hear you when you call him by GAOTU and omit his Son purposely from your prayer.

I wish you the best and every other person in this thread. I have come to my conclusion after much digging that this thread provoked. Masonry is not for me right now but I have learned a lot.

God Bless

Comment

C.A.Fortner #1304

Comment

I appreciate your honest replies to my questions. Obviously I don't know much about the Teachings of Masons except for what I can dig up on the internet. Just do yourself a favor and do a little more digging of your own on the subject. I'm not saying you're wrong because I have no idea. What I'm saying is you owe it to yourself to find out the truth and not just subscribe to something without fully understanding the possible consequences. Read this page if you want... http://www.formermasons.org/issues/t...iew_of_God.php

Then find out the true answer for yourself by whatever means necessary. You have access to reading materials that I don't or I would find the truth myself. You are correct that God will hear you no matter where you are. The question is does he hear you when you call him by GAOTU and omit his Son purposely from your prayer.

I wish you the best and every other person in this thread. I have come to my conclusion after much digging that this thread provoked. Masonry is not for me right now but I have learned a lot.

God Bless
                              From my lodge we can believe whatever we want. Have never been to a meeting where I was preached about religion. We do things behind the scenes. To each his own. Join if you want, if not that's fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                From my lodge we can believe whatever we want. Have never been to a meeting where I was preached about religion. We do things behind the scenes. To each his own. Join if you want, if not that's fine too.
                                I think you missed my entire point, or you choose not to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X