Dog food ALERT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
    Wow, I think some of you folks are forgetting the fact that your dog is in fact a dog, and not another human being. Had many dogs through the years and they have all been fed kibbles n bits. Our blue heeler is currently 9 or 10 and he is still going strong, and a few years ago when he was being ran and used a ton you wouldn't have been able to tell me what food he was eating he was strong as an ox and ripped. But I guess this is just from me being raised in the sticks where dogs are dogs and they stayed out side where the animals belonged and treated as such.
    I hear where you are coming from. I grew up that way. I've had a change of heart as I've grown older.

Some guys live to be 100 eating fast food and beer...some die early. I figure dogs are no different, and I'll give my dog the best shot. I admit I spoil my dog, though.

That being said, I do some home vetting that some might not approve of. It saves some money, and I feel like she's getting what she needs. We're all a little different in some form or fashion I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Wow, I think some of you folks are forgetting the fact that your dog is in fact a dog, and not another human being. Had many dogs through the years and they have all been fed kibbles n bits. Our blue heeler is currently 9 or 10 and he is still going strong, and a few years ago when he was being ran and used a ton you wouldn't have been able to tell me what food he was eating he was strong as an ox and ripped. But I guess this is just from me being raised in the sticks where dogs are dogs and they stayed out side where the animals belonged and treated as such.
      No different than feeding performance horse high end hay and feed. Has nothing to do with city or sticks. My dogs have jobs and I feed them a higher end food. They aren't treated like humans but I do feed them well

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        Landrover.

Compare the ingredients in that to Blue Buffallo and you'll never buy another bag.
        We switched out my great danes food to Blue Buffalo a few years ago. They have the large breed senior. She's almost nine and the vet says she's the best looking dane she's seen in years. Very lean and still spry. Hopefully with this diet, she can go a couple more years.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bowhica: A dog that size, how much you have to feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
            We switched out my great danes food to Blue Buffalo a few years ago. They have the large breed senior. She's almost nine and the vet says she's the best looking dane she's seen in years. Very lean and still spry. Hopefully with this diet, she can go a couple more years.
            That's an old Dane! Never hear of them getting much past 7 or 8. Good looking hound.

Comment

I have an igloo cooler that I put a bag of if in yesterday; checked it just now and still had two cubes of ice floating! Yatzee!!!

Anyone use biljack?

Comment

we buy what we can afford.Right now it is the walmart ol'roy 50# bag.

our dogs seem to like it and do fine.

We had two danes
                a hound/husky mix
                and a husky

each get 2 bowls of food a day....

sadly we lost the little dane to age last year. (she was @ 14 yrs).
                the male is now about 11 yrs

here they are @ 2 yrs ago.

thanks to the o.p. for the heads up.
                Last edited by texxfletch; 04-23-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                  That is a beautiful Dane! My mil has a Dane/mastiff, he is a beast, only 6 and looks like he's knocking on the door. Awesome dog though!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Purina pro plan for my lab. Its about $36 for a couple month supply. She had noticeably more energy in just a few days after switching. There is less crap outside now and she will chase a duck 5 miles without slowing down. Better food makes a better dog.

Comment

Been feeding both my beagles (2&9yr old) purina beneful for the last 2 years.
                        Talked to my vet and they recommended 4Health , the performance got 4.5 stars on dogfoodadvisor, and at tractor supply it is actually cheaper then the purina.
                        Anybody else use this?
                        And cheaper or not, my pups are family and get spoiled!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                          Been feeding both my beagles (2&9yr old) purina beneful for the last 2 years.
                          Talked to my vet and they recommended 4Health , the performance got 4.5 stars on dogfoodadvisor, and at tractor supply it is actually cheaper then the purina.
                          Anybody else use this?
                          And cheaper or not, my pups are family and get spoiled!
                          I saw that a while back and read the ingredients and noted the price. I made a mental note to buy a bag next time I needed one. I totally forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I think I would like to try it. Would save me about $15/bag and looks to have the same ingredients. Plus, my dog gets bored on her normal food...she wouldn't mind a change.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                            To steal a line from a song....

"We feed out dogs and cats our table scraps"...

so we never have this issue.

-john

That Brandon Rhyder is a good!!!

Comment

It my buddies Toller in a few days she went from fine to requiring euthanasia. Now my fiancé's dog has started having quasi seizures. Bad stuff!

Comment

Dog food ALERT!

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
                                When you say Blue, is that the same as Blue Buffalo I have refered to above?
                                Check out Innova also. Our Dane mastiff gets 2 cups twice a day and he's healthy as an ox

Just checked dog food advisor it gets 4 stars but the puppy formula gets 5
                                Last edited by Sparkles; 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X