Dog food ALERT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
    So true on the Ole Roy. Have been feeding Victor for awhile now and the dogs love it. $28 for a 50lb bag switched from science diet which was more expensive.
    Heard a lot of great things about that food. Sure cant beat that price!

Comment

Just another reason I feed Blue to mine....

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
        Heard a lot of great things about that food. Sure cant beat that price!
        It's hard to find not everyone has heard of it. Had to contact the manufactorer to find a dealer. I drive 20 miles to get food once a month. well worth it though.

Comment

So this is NOT a quality product? On a scale of 1 - 10 how does it rate?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dogfood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	24194150

Comment

Comment

So Blue is the choice of the masses on here?

Comment

Ol roy has always worked for my dogs.
                But Igloo and Coleman coolers work well for keeping my drinks cold too...

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  You are making me laugh.... shhhhh.... I am at work..

Comment

Landrover.

Compare the ingredients in that to Blue Buffallo and you'll never buy another bag.

We keep my GSP on Blue and he eats less volume wise, and that means a lot when you have to keep the droppings cleaned up in a typical subdivision backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      So this is NOT a quality product? On a scale of 1 - 10 how does it rate?

[ATTACH]485389[/ATTACH]
                      Read the ingredients. If you see corn, wheat, or other grain products find something new. I'm betting it has plenty of corn in it.

Comment

Landrover, I found the list:

Ingredients: Whole grain corn, poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of vitamin E), meat and bone meal, brewers rice, soybean meal, whole grain wheat, egg and chicken flavor, animal digest, calcium phosphate, salt, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, l-lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, added color (yellow 6, yellow 5, red 40, blue 2), zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, niacin, vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite

It received 1 out of 5 stars from Dog Food Advisor.

Comment

1st five listed should be the clue.

Comment

there are ratings on dog food. that purina is at the bottom of the list.

I am sad to say that my dogs eat the diamond naturals all natural lamb or salmon or whatever (wife mixes it up because they get bored of food?)

YES, we pay 40+ dollars for a 34 or 36 lb bag of dog food

are our dogs healthy? yes. BUT, they are just dogs (in my eyes SPOILED ones). if it was all up to me they would just eat table scraps or whatever. Now they get deer and hog bones with some raw meat left on it because the bacteria is good for there teeth and gums (my wife found out, so now its ok).

But, its a battle I chose not to pick. a 45 dollar bag of dog food every other week is only 30 more a month than the purina crap. (which I was against anyway).

hell I drink more than that in beer a month and have spent 30 dollars on worse things in 5 minutes. and its one less arguement.

pick your battles.
                            Last edited by Redneck Archer; 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                              Just another reason I feed Blue to mine....
                              When you say Blue, is that the same as Blue Buffalo I have refered to above?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                Bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!! Greatness right there!
                                Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                It received 1 out of 5 stars from Dog Food Advisor.
                                Thanks sir! so what would be a 3. His little butt ain't a person and he is healthy as a horse?
                                Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
                                YES, we pay 40+ dollars for a 34 or 36 lb bag of dog food

are our dogs healthy? yes. BUT, they are just dogs (in my eyes SPOILED ones). if it was all up to me they would just eat table scraps or whatever. .
                                Aha!!! $40 to feed a beagle.......come on.......is this stuff KOBE beef in a bag?? We definitely grew-up differently than some folks on here. It is a DOG, not a GOD! I guess I am missing something to all of this. YES.....are other brands better? Is $40 & $50 odd at best to feed a DOG........YES! I am willing to learn but...........geez..........OK, I have a open mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X