Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good stuff right here folks!

Comment

Very good illustration of walk back tuning...

Comment

Good post with great information on walk back.

Comment

glad to see this post work its way to the top good stuff

Comment

I basically use the Modified French tune method. But I take it on back to 20yds. I shoot 3, 10 and 20. It has worked very well for me.

Comment

For the folks that use this method instead of paper tuning, what do you do to make sure you are tuned up and down? It looks like this would be great for getting the "windage" side-to-side adjustment set straight, but what about "elevation"? Just set it with a square?

Comment

I just did both and I can confidently say my bow is tuned. All arrows touched the string crept for the ones I pulled,glad I found this,just made my confidence level go up a notch...

Comment

tagging

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      Thanks for words, and I agree that French Tuning and Walk Back Tuning acheive the same thing, but to me walk back tuning is easier. Go figure I don't know if you have seen Nuts and Bolts' way of French Tuning, what he calls Modified French Tuning, I'll see if I can find that post on AT and post it here. If I remember right you could do it at 10 yards or less, I neve tried it so I don't know how reliable it is. I will PM Nutz and Boltz to see if he will let me post it here. Strictly for information, I have never used it myself.
                      alan is the boss! his "kitchen sink" tune is awesome.

Comment

That should keep 'em busy for a while...

Comment

That's awesome! Definitely going to do this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            For the folks that use this method instead of paper tuning, what do you do to make sure you are tuned up and down? It looks like this would be great for getting the "windage" side-to-side adjustment set straight, but what about "elevation"? Just set it with a square?

Anyone have an answer?

Did the walk back today, now looking for a way to make sure up and down is set correctly.

Comment

Do this before walk back draw a horizontal line and shoot the 5 arrows adjust knoc or rest till a straight horizontal at 10 yards is with the arrows do again at 20 yards. Then do your walk back

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                                Anyone have an answer?

Did the walk back today, now looking for a way to make sure up and down is set correctly.
                                I saw a method once years ago that basically used a sheet of paper taped to the target with a level used to make the top edge of the paper level. You have to have a contrasting color between the target and the paper. Once you have the paper taped on perfectly level, you step back to 20 yards or so and shoot at the top edge of the paper, several shots, the more the better (you work your way across the page, not all at one spot). The goal is to get all of your arrows to be half on the paper and half off, right on the very edge. If more of your arrows are off the paper, you adjust the rest down a tad, if more are on the paper, you adjust up a tad. Repeat the process until you're hitting the very edge with every shot. Basically, you're trying to get the least vertical dispersion possible. This method will also work for the windage by using the vertical edges of the paper as well.

That being said, I like to just get it set as close as possible, then broadhead tune, since I'm not a target/competition shooter. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that matters is that my broadheads hit with my fieldpoints.

Comment

Working...
                                X