No announcement yet.

Crossfit fellas, where y'all at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough day today. The heat is getting ridiculous. The front squats got very tough on the last round

1) 15 minutes to establish a 2RM Pause Clean (pause three counts at the bottom of the knee) & Jerk.

Note: Reps do not need to be touch and go; however, re-grip should happen immediately. Make sure to pause for three full counts (3 seconds) each rep.

2) 3X3 Pause Clean & Jerk @ 90% of 2RM from #1 – rest 90 sec.

Strength

1) HBBS: 1X10@60%, 1X8@65%, 1X6@70%, 1X6@75%, 1X6@80% – rest as needed.

2a) Front Squat: 1X5@60%, 1X5@70%, 2X5@75% – rest 90 sec.

Conditioning

15 minutes max distance Sled Drag 135/90#.

Every 3 minutes, beginning at 3:00, 20 Burpees (basically, drop wherever you are).

Comment

Squats and sleds / what a brutal combo!

Comment

Any San Antonio area Crossfitters here? I ask because my nephews, Aaron and Ryan Bielefeldt, just opened a new gym, Ballistic Crossfit, near the RIM on 1604. They're both well respected in the region and could use some TBH love.

Thanks folks,

Ron

Comment

Our 3 locations around SETX, once a month does a battle of the boxes WOD to see who's ppl kick tail more. Today was Julys. There's 2 divisions RX & scaled. I'm trying to stay lean, so I usually go lighter weight, faster pace. Lil sad I was so close to being under 20 minutes & just missed it. Fuel for the fire next time.

WOD 7-24-13

For Time:
          <> 400 M Run
          3 Rounds of:
          • 15 Pullups
          • 15 Situps
          • 15 DU
          <> 400 M Run
          3 Rounds of:
          • 9 Cleans
          • 9 Thrusters
          • 9 DL
          <> 400 M Run

Standard weights (135/95)
          Scaled weights (95/55)

20:11 (womens scaled)

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
            Any San Antonio area Crossfitters here? I ask because my nephews, Aaron and Ryan Bielefeldt, just opened a new gym, Ballistic Crossfit, near the RIM on 1604. They're both well respected in the region and could use some TBH love.

Thanks folks,

Ron
            I live in San Antonio and have heard good things about Ballistic Crossfit. I had a couple friends go for a Saturday WOD when our box was closed due to a competition in The Woodlands.

Comment

With Watch ESPN you can stream live sports and ESPN originals, watch the latest game replays and highlights, and access featured ESPN programming online.

AND they are off!

Pool WOD is looking tough so far. I bet their arms are smoked after only a few rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1061113/

AND they are off!

Pool WOD is looking tough so far. I bet their arms are smoked after only a few rounds
                Anyone else find that WOD just begging for disaster? I can see someone slipping off the bar and wiping out on the concrete.

Comment

South Centrals own Cassidy Lance did well in that one!

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                    Anyone else find that WOD just begging for disaster? I can see someone slipping off the bar and wiping out on the concrete.
                    there are mats under the bars (not concrete) and towels/chalk at the bars as well that they are using to dry their hands and chalk them

Could it happen? yes
                    Is it likely? no

Comment

I struggle with doing A bar muscle up let alone trying to do 3 after swimming 25 and 50 meters. These chicks are amazing.

Comment

Pool WOD sounds pretty darn awesome in July!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                          there are mats under the bars (not concrete) and towels/chalk at the bars as well that they are using to dry their hands and chalk them

Could it happen? yes
                          Is it likely? no
                          Upon closer inspection it looks as if they have the bars taped as well in the athletes grip area

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                            Tough day today. The heat is getting ridiculous. The front squats got very tough on the last round

1) 15 minutes to establish a 2RM Pause Clean (pause three counts at the bottom of the knee) & Jerk.

Note: Reps do not need to be touch and go; however, re-grip should happen immediately. Make sure to pause for three full counts (3 seconds) each rep.

2) 3X3 Pause Clean & Jerk @ 90% of 2RM from #1 – rest 90 sec.

Strength

1) HBBS: 1X10@60%, 1X8@65%, 1X6@70%, 1X6@75%, 1X6@80% – rest as needed.

2a) Front Squat: 1X5@60%, 1X5@70%, 2X5@75% – rest 90 sec.

Conditioning

15 minutes max distance Sled Drag 135/90#.

Every 3 minutes, beginning at 3:00, 20 Burpees (basically, drop wherever you are).

How long you been on the Outlaw programming?

Comment

Today: Yeah the heat was rough today. I could not breath!!!

strength: 3x5 Front Squat 185-215-235 felt good on all sets.

WoD: 4 rnd for time
                              front squat from the ground 185rx
                              10 burpee pull-ups
                              score: 16:35 I was the only guy in the class that did RX and I finished last

here is a picture of our rig. Im the guy on the right with the gray and blue nano's in the burpee position
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                                Today: Yeah the heat was rough today. I could not breath!!!

strength: 3x5 Front Squat 185-215-235 felt good on all sets.

WoD: 4 rnd for time
                                front squat from the ground 185rx
                                10 burpee pull-ups
                                score: 16:35 I was the only guy in the class that did RX and I finished last

here is a picture of our rig. Im the guy on the right with the gray and blue nano's in the burpee position
                                great work and SWEET outdoor rig!

Comment

Working...
                                X