Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take and I own luppy, vortex, swaro,, and conquest
    I break scopes down three categories -+1000, -+500, -+200

Luppy is the worst scope for the money period....there are far better options in their perspective price ranges.

Best scope for the dollar on -+ 1k is swaro z3...under 500 vortex viper HS. With minox closely behind

Luppy is a great product just stupid price for what they are in every price point category
    Last edited by Texans42; 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Have both and only time will tell on the Vortex. Lupy has a proven track record and a very tuff scope. Vortex has been through some tuff test and has good reviews. My 2 cents, if you want the best bang for the buck go with a Vortex PST or HS.

Comment

you guys are so funny ! you can't compare a brand vs another in such general terms.

that's like saying a dodge is slower than a chevy .. maybe a neon vs a corvette .. but you can say the same of a cavalier vs a viper!

Does Leopold make good products yes .. do they make some that suck , yes ! their low end scope are terrible in low light... and some other designs are bad as well ... friend of mine compared his Swarovski to his vari-x3 the other day and the leupi was embarrassing!
        but the swaro is twice the cost too !

on the other hand I have a vortex viper pst 2.5x10 x44 that I use with my clip on night vision module and it's been outstanding ! the mil mil reticle is very sharp and turrets have been spot on, reticle illumination is awesome ... would it compare to the mark-4 ? maybe not , but it's also half the price !

put a mark-4 next to a Schmidt Bender , and the roles are reversed again !

so you have to compare apples to apples ... both companies make quality products and both companies make entry level products .... both have good warranties ...

so depending on the features that are meaningful to you ... one may fit the bill better than the other ...

and for the ones that say that Leupy makes "the best " you just have not seen the best yet !

I sold my mark4 6.5x20 !!! the idiots at Leupold decided to put a mil mil reticle on a MOA turret scope (like everyone can multiply or divide by 3.47 in their head ).
        I called them for over a year to get the turrets replaced , even after they came with the mil mil version , and got the same run around that they were not ready for the retrofit yet .... sorry so sad .... that was the last tactical scope I bought from Leupold!

if you spend $1800 on glass it better be right the "FIRST" time !

my friend just ordered the new Steiner tactical 5-25x56 .. we'll see how it looks !
        at $3k retail .. it better look good ! (i'm still gonna whoop him at a thousand yards ...)

Comment

Which ever scope you get don't forget to spend good money on scope rings and make sure you Lapp them.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            you guys are so funny ! you can't compare a brand vs another in such general terms.

that's like saying a dodge is slower than a chevy .. maybe a neon vs a corvette .. but you can say the same of a cavalier vs a viper!

Does Leopold make good products yes .. do they make some that suck , yes ! their low end scope are terrible in low light... and some other designs are bad as well ... friend of mine compared his Swarovski to his vari-x3 the other day and the leupi was embarrassing!
            but the swaro is twice the cost too !

on the other hand I have a vortex viper pst 2.5x10 x44 that I use with my clip on night vision module and it's been outstanding ! the mil mil reticle is very sharp and turrets have been spot on, reticle illumination is awesome ... would it compare to the mark-4 ? maybe not , but it's also half the price !

put a mark-4 next to a Schmidt Bender , and the roles are reversed again !

so you have to compare apples to apples ... both companies make quality products and both companies make entry level products .... both have good warranties ...

so depending on the features that are meaningful to you ... one may fit the bill better than the other ...

and for the ones that say that Leupy makes "the best " you just have not seen the best yet !

I sold my mark4 6.5x20 !!! the idiots at Leupold decided to put a mil mil reticle on a MOA turret scope (like everyone can multiply or divide by 3.47 in their head ).
            I called them for over a year to get the turrets replaced , even after they came with the mil mil version , and got the same run around that they were not ready for the retrofit yet .... sorry so sad .... that was the last tactical scope I bought from Leupold!

if you spend $1800 on glass it better be right the "FIRST" time !

my friend just ordered the new Steiner tactical 5-25x56 .. we'll see how it looks !
            at $3k retail .. it better look good ! (i'm still gonna whoop him at a thousand yards ...)
            Errrrr.... You paid $1800 for a Leupold Mark 4? : confused:

I'll tell you for a fact from personal experience (more than once) that the Vortex Viper scopes (including the PST) have bad scope flare issues at low light and magnification at the upper end of the adjustment range. I have not experienced that at all with my Mark 4 scopes. I had a situation where I had 2 rifles one with each scope side x side under the exact same conditions and the exact same light and it was very obvious.
            Last edited by Mike D; 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Have compared in field Leopold is much better

Comment

Working...
              X