• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosey381 View Post
    Are they wearing socks!!!!
    I was just ASSUMING they are!?

Comment

Took the family to Red River over MLK, had a blast, snow was decent. Just made plans to go to Jackson Hole over spring break. It was actually cheaper to ski 4 days in Jackson versus 3 days in RR.

You will have a great time in RR, very family friendly and easy to keep to track of everyone while trying to get in a few runs of your own. Have fun.

Comment

The countdown is on...2 weeks and counting!....

Anybody got ski reports for me?

Comment

I highly recommend driving over to Taos to eat at the Bavarian one night. Fondue night (Tuesdays) would be fun for the kids. http://thebavarian.net/

Comment

We're headed to Deer Valley for the first time and have reservations at six restaurants. We go for the food as much as the skiing.
            Our favorite place to ski is Vail. With 5000 acres, it's hard to beat. Love Beaver Creek, too. The restaurants between Vail and Beaver are world class. Ice skating and shopping in the evenings are fun in Vail and Beaver. Purgatory was really fun to ski, but not much in the way of restaurants - plus its such a long drive. Taos has a great ski school. The greens at Taos would be blues at most places in Colorado. Copper is fun and costs less than Vail/Beaver Creek; more blue collar (that's not a criticism). Not a fan of Breckenridge. If I were going that far, I'd keep on driving to Vail or Beaver or Copper Mountain. Ski Cooper is cheap and small. For anyone beyond a beginner, Ski Cooper gets boring real quick. Big Sky - we got an incredible deal on the best "condo" we've ever had (it was a 5000 square foot "cabin"). Skiing is average at Big Sky, but it's close to Yellowstone, and a winter snowmobile tour is a once-in-a-lifetime, worthwhile adventure. Jackson Hole is steep and cold; great restaurants; cool town. The Elk wildlife preserve tour by horse-drawn sleigh in Jackson Hole is thrilling. In addition to elk, there are bison and big horn sheep. Wife and I learned to ski at Ski Sunlight in Colorado. Tiny place four hours west of Denver. Stayed in Glenwood Springs and hit the hot springs in the evenings. Glenwood has some good restaurants. Saw my first elk ever at Ski Sunlight.
            Last edited by AZ&F'sDaddy; 02-27-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X