Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveBradbery View Post
    Red River or Angelfire
    I have to ask....did you even read the thread before posting?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveBradbery View Post
      Red River or Angelfire

Unless you have tons of money I would not take the big resort trip with the kiddos if it is their first time. Red river or Angel fire is perfect for the first time kids. My kids cut their teeth on taos their first time and did fine. It took a hard day of teaching on me (picking em up) but they did fine.
      If you are an experienced skier I would opt on teaching the kids myself. A lot of the ski schools are a waste of money and time for what they get. Spend a day on the bunny slopes with the kids and teach em to snow plow and they will be good to go. Just depends on if you want to spend that day one on one with the kids or having fun on your own. I am a firm believer a day spent alone with the kids is worth a week of ski school.
      We just got back from New Mexico a couple weeks back and the skiing was some of the best I have had there after going for a couple decades even though the week before was dry. From what I saw colorado wasnt in much better shape than NM this year.

Yall have fun

One more thing. We stayed dang near as close to ski-in/ski out as you can get at taos. The place was at cottams ski rental (alpine lodge) and they worked a deal out where adult lift tickets are $54 a day, a $20 savings plus a discount on rentals. Am sure this time of year they have openings if you opt for taos.
      Last edited by rjet; 01-16-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I have to ask, did you even read the thread before posting. LOL. Really loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          I have to ask, did you even read the thread before posting. LOL. Really loud.
          Edited for content from a smart *** to a smart ***.
          Dont want to ruin this guys thread.
          Last edited by rjet; 01-16-2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I was just kidding dude.

Comment

Purgatory without a doubt. I'm headed there Saturday.

Comment

Skiing on Spring Break?

I'll be in Colorado the first part of spring break. Keystone or breck.

Comment

Keystone,winter park are both family friendly. I have not been up lately put we didnt have much snow up there a few weeks back. You might want to check the snow reports and see how many runs and lifts are open.Vail,beaver creek you will spend alot more $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
                    i would recomend park city utah.
                    Agreed. Park City Is great and very family friendly. We have taken the kids there 3 time. Always fun.
                    This year the family is going to Calgary/Banff. First time there but rated high.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      You might want to check the snow reports and see how many runs and lifts are open.
                      It seems that the snow bases are good almost everywhere we have checked. The last 2 or 3 weather systems have dumped alot of good snow. Of course, there will probably be a heat wave between now and when we go!?

UPDATE -- We are, now, thinking about driving. So, NM is in our options. In fact, we're leaning towards Angle Fire.

Comment

That is definately the more economical way to go. Usually ends up being half the cost of flying when you include rentals, passes and food.

Comment

Wolf Creek is tops for families and snowfall

Comment

We have skied all over Co and NM, for me hands down Copper Mountain is the best. Ski in ski out is the best. We will be there March 10 thru 15th

Comment

Ski'd durango in December and it was very kid friendly and lift tickets weren't bad at all.. However Keystone and Telluridemare also very kid friendly but a little more pricey.

Comment

Got a ski in and out in angle fire...Back door facing the mountain...very excited!!

Comment

Working...
                                X