Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Skiing on Spring Break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent Spring Break last year in Durango and really enjoyed Purgatory. The only issue I had was a substantial amount of ice vs. snow on the slopes. Kid-friendly and alot of people but we had a good time. I have heard that the pass going to Wolf Creek can be quite hazardous to the driver so we opted for Purgatory over Wolf Creek (we drove from Houston).

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
      Crested Butte is nice and kid friendly and ski in ski out
      I never skied there but I've elk hunted on the back side of ski resort which is in the Gunnison National Forest.

I've not gone snowboarding in several years but Homewood is a smaller skiing place at Tahoe that's good for kids plus has the advanced stuff up top. You can't beat the scenery either.

I meant this scenery.

Comment

duplicate
        Last edited by Bill; 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
          I never skied there but I've elk hunted on the back side of ski resort which is in the Gunnison National Forest.

I've not gone snowboarding in several years but Homewood is a smaller skiing place at Tahoe that's good for kids plus has the advanced stuff up top. You can't beat the scenery either.

I meant this scenery.

Scenery is fantASStic!

Great, Burnt! That's a helluva deal!!

Comment

Dude, you live that close to tahoe and don't go every weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              Signup on liftopia.com for discounted lift tickets.
              Saved about $90 using liftopia. Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

Just a thought, but did any of these places get affected by the wildfires this past summer? I think I remember hearing about Ruidoso being in the middle of a big fire.
                You won't be disappointed in AngelFire… as long as there's snow and it didn't burn!

HG

Comment

I've been to Keystone, Colorado and Ruidoso, New Mexico; both are great places and both are really kid-friendly. Keystone is more expensive and little further but well worth the money. I have been to Ruidoso quite a few time the last couple of years, it is closer and a lot more reasonable. You will not be disappointed with either.

Diego Villarreal

Comment

SOCKS?!...What kind of socks do you all wear while skiing?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Dude, you live that close to tahoe and don't go every weekend?

Grinding on a snowboard at 50+ is a recipe to destroy my knees. But still fun when occasionally done every few years.

Comment

I hear ya. I say that I am still good to go at 44 but I only go 4-5 days a winter.

Comment

Socks, guys?...what kind of socks are those gals wearing??

Comment

Under armour. Actially I just wear my thick hunting socks. However, with ski boots you want the thinnest socks possible.

Comment

A Marino wool blend perhaps? That's what I generally wear hunting because they're not real thick and pretty temparent.

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                                Socks, guys?...what kind of socks are those gals wearing??
                                Are they wearing socks!!!!

Do they even have knees!!!!
                                Last edited by mosey381; 01-29-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X