Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice.

Comment

Anyone going to be in red river this week?? We leave Thursday morning and will be there till Monday.

Comment

I've been to almost all in Colorado and Keystone by far the best. You can also ski vail and Breckinridge on the same pass

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
          Anyone going to be in red river this week?? We leave Thursday morning and will be there till Monday.
          I know spring break is a ways away but I'll be looking forward to your ski reports...

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
            I know spring break is a ways away but I'll be looking forward to your ski reports...
            Maybe I'll do a live snowboard day

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestarkid View Post
              I've been to almost all in Colorado and Keystone by far the best. You can also ski vail and Breckinridge on the same pass
              Uh, NO!

Breck and Vail are far superior to Keystone. It's not even close.

Breck is the greatest boarder town in North America.

Comment

I have been to Angel Fire and Red River. The slopes at Red River are short. you spend more time riding lifts than actually skiing. I would recomend Angel Fire over Red River any day of the week. I'll never go back to Red River.

I have been to Wolf Creek, Monarch, Durango Mountain. I like Durango and Wolf Creek the best. Wolf Creek will be cheaper and less people. Stay in Pagosa Springs if you go to Wolf Creek. Durango has really long runs and is a good place for experiened skiers. Wolf creek has a good ski school. I wasn't real happy with Monarch, but it was better than Red River.
                Last edited by drbonner; 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hopefully, this will be the first of many trips and we'll get to try many.
                  I forgot about Durango...we used to hunt/stay in Pagosa and always wondered about Durango, and Wolf's for that matter.

Comment

My bump for the day.

I haven't been to Durango/Purgatory in years. That is where I started. It is a nice little resort, a step up from most in NM. Perhaps I will go there again someday. I would say Angel Fire due to the much shorter drive. Or fly to Summit County or Tahoe for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                      We have skied all over Co and NM, for me hands down Copper Mountain is the best. Ski in ski out is the best. We will be there March 10 thru 15th
                      Them back bowls at Copper are pretty good

Comment

Got a ski in and out in angle fire...Back door facing the mountain...very excited!!
                        Providing you have snow, you wont be dissapointed. Great laid back place for kids. We spent 3 spring breaks there when my girls were young. Great memories! Have a great trip. You can still drive over to Red River or Taos from there pretty easy.

Comment

Got a ski in and out in angle fire...Back door facing the mountain...very excited!!
                          Awesome, am sure yall will have a blast.

If taking 56/412 between Clayton and Springer be aware that there is actually a trooper that occasionally travels that road. I was the lucky one to meet up with him on his once a year trip on that road this year.

Comment

I just took the family (wife, 7 year old daughter, and 3 year old son all new to skiing) this past December to Sipapu Ski resort in New Mexico. We drove, not sure what your travel plans are but the deals were pretty good. Sipapu is the cheapest resort as far as lift tickets BY FAR! Also there were ski and stay free deals that we took advantage of. Had to buy to full 2 price tickets @ $44 and we could stay in a number of hotels in taos... We chose the Sage Brush Inn, btw awsome place to stay. It is about a 11 hour drive from DFW, had a great time and spent two days skiing and one day sledding on a mountian near by. If you have any questions PM me. http://www.sipapunm.com/

Comment

Sipapu is a tiny place. The smallest in NM which has the smallest in the west.

Comment

Just confirmed a week long trip in March to Breck. A friend has a timeshare....two bedroom condo for 7 days for $500. YES! That's total...500.00 divided by 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X