Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Control Rant Threads (or Rants in General)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I was referring to reading and posting congratulatory messages to successful reports than I was about starting new threads, but I think I'm on your side about having separated those topics out of ATC. I'm not sure if it really helped or hurt.
    I don't think it made a difference one way or another. I think that was the point of my lame attempt at humor earlier in this thread. It doesn't really matter how the threads are organized. We have the conversations and threads that we have - whatever they are. We can find threads to read and participate in, and we can avoid and skip the ones that we're not interested in. We can do that whether they're all in the same forum or in separate forums. People can find things to get worked up about either way.

Comment

I hope that those that tend to keep bringing up redundant threads on 2nd ammendment, gun rights/being taken etc., spend as much or more time writing their congressmen/women, representatives, president, Biden supporting the NRA and other such effective and useful activities.

I agree with you Michael, too much is too much. We are all on te same page. Let's put this energy to better use. All these posts are singing to the choir.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadeyeDeb View Post
        I hope that those that tend to keep bringing up redundant threads on 2nd ammendment, gun rights/being taken etc., spend as much or more time writing their congressmen/women, representatives, president, Biden supporting the NRA and other such effective and useful activities.

I agree with you Michael, too much is too much. We are all on te same page. Let's put this energy to better use. All these posts are singing to the choir.
        Good Lord! Common sense! What will happen next?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I was referring to reading and posting congratulatory messages to successful reports than I was about starting new threads, but I think I'm on your side about having separated those topics out of ATC. I'm not sure if it really helped or hurt.
          I think it helped. I will scroll through ATC and when I don't find a topic that interests me, I go to the other topics and read through them awhile, but I always come back to ATC to see what's going on. There is lots of interesting material in the bowhunting reports, video, equipment and management sections. There's not as much posting on them but there's more quality of posting. That's why I'm glad they're separated because they'd get swallowed up in the Campfire section.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
            I think it helped. I will scroll through ATC and when I don't find a topic that interests me, I go to the other topics and read through them awhile, but I always come back to ATC to see what's going on. There is lots of interesting material in the bowhunting reports, video, equipment and management sections. There's not as much posting on them but there's more quality of posting. That's why I'm glad they're separated because they'd get swallowed up in the Campfire section.

Just thinking out-loud here.....don't kill the brainstormer..

I agree with you AK. I like them separated. About the only suggestion I could make and again, I'm just bouncing stuff off the wall, is to place the gun kills in a separate forum as well. I'm thinking that might pull some of the gun feel off the ATC.

Heck if we can only have one extra forum for kill reports and they can't both go there, maybe place the archery kills back in the ATC of a bow forum and the gun kills go in the separate forum.

Preparing the shield..

Comment

I like the idea. I don't care for the rants and I can read or research political topics in a number of other places where there are viewpoints other than the same ole rhetoric. I am a bowhunter.

Comment

I feel very strongly, both ways!

Michael, can I light the pit this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Just thinking out-loud here.
                  Careful Smart......your going to get a headache brother...

But along the same lines....instead of making a separate harvest forum...it might be just as easy to make a "firearms related area" for all firearms related topics/harvests to land.

With the big push of firearms related threads I have only seen TWO that troubled me..to the point I reported them..

One was speaking of Highly illegal actions with at least one contributor suppling a video of himself committing a felony while a few more were admitting to committing felonys.

The second was a harmless mistake by a poster that had something in his possession that would have ruined his career and life...I contacted him and suppiled him BATFE pictures of what he had and advised him of the road ahead of him..

The last thing I want to see is someone from TBH get in trouble because of what they post in error..

Comment

Oh how I long for the days of "what broad head is best" thread.
                    Nobody did that better than DANNY "WILDMAN" EVANS!!! NOBODY!!!!! LOL!

Nothing better than watching a camera setup, under a 55 gallon drum, as he thumped same with a shot from ROSIE his old trusty Stickbow!

I never am one to get caught up in the OLD DAYS stuff....too forward thinking for that......plus I'm kind of like BOB....I can't stand to sit and watch corn rot LOL! Billy.....how can you justify driving all the way over to Harper when you got to thin them out in the darn yard?!?!?!?!? I know you want another bruiser...heck I want you to get another bruiser just so you will update your darn profile pic but Man, you and Rigaud need to thin that local scene out some SON!!!!

Comment

Let's just have an Old Fart's Forum when you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time in order to log into that. That will help us not have to weed through all the idiot threads from people that just got on here and can't quit flapping their yap. Better yet you need to be voted in because of your prior post content.

That would keep out all of those people with the name that Michael said we couldn't say anymore.
                      Everyone says this is a family, well then like a family, we can let all the immature kids (newby's an gum flappers) play in the living room (campfire) where we can still go if we want but the adults hang out in the kitchen and bbq pit (old farts forum) with the adult things like knives and 21 drinks (intelligent conversation)
                      This will work just like what happens at real family gatherings.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                        Let's just have an Old Fart's Forum when you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time in order to log into that. That will help us not have to weed through all the idiot threads from people that just got on here and can't quit flapping their yap. Better yet you need to be voted in because of your prior post content.

That would keep out all of those people with the name that Michael said we couldn't say anymore.
                        Everyone says this is a family, well then like a family, we can let all the immature kids (newby's an gum flappers) play in the living room (campfire) where we can still go if we want but the adults hang out in the kitchen and bbq pit (old farts forum) with the adult things like knives and 21 drinks (intelligent conversation)
                        we could call it the lynch mob forum

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                          Careful Smart......your going to get a headache brother...

But along the same lines....instead of making a separate harvest forum...it might be just as easy to make a "firearms related area" for all firearms related topics/harvests to land.

With the big push of firearms related threads I have only seen TWO that troubled me..to the point I reported them..

One was speaking of Highly illegal actions with at least one contributor suppling a video of himself committing a felony while a few more were admitting to committing felonys.

The second was a harmless mistake by a poster that had something in his possession that would have ruined his career and life...I contacted him and suppiled him BATFE pictures of what he had and advised him of the road ahead of him..

The last thing I want to see is someone from TBH get in trouble because of what they post in error..
                          I wondered when the first one you mentioned was gonna get axed! Didn't take it long and it's a good thing cuz no one was paying you any attention!LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post

Yeah and we could start a Grumpy Bald Guy Forum as well and make you the ringleader!!!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                              Yeah and we could start a Grumpy Bald Guy Forum as well and make you the ringleader!!!

Skinny
                              Thats dang funny right there

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post

Skinny
                                Alright now that hit close to home

Comment

Working...
                                X