Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Middleton Rolling South!

Originally posted by jnet View Post
    Brandon I can only imagine what she said.
    She's not a morning person. She really liked it when I told her Michael
    SAID to get up!

Comment

I didn't get very good quality footage of the buck this morning, but I put it on the computer and I'm pretty certain it's not Trouble. I didn't pull very good focus, but unless there are some broken tines that I can't see, it's not him. However, he's impressive enough that I confused him at first glance. I think this one is a nine with long 2s and 3s and maybe a bit wider than Trouble. I moved my trail camera over to Hiline in case he shows up while I'm not there.

I also figured out what trail they appear to be coming in on. I didn't walk it or spend too much time there because I didn't want to bump him/them. Part of me thinks I should set up a ground blind near there, while the other part says to be patient and not disturb the area this late in the game, and to let the corn pull them to me.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I say get a ground blind over there. I moved three times in KS to get on the right trail. I got my doe and would have had a buck if I had made a better shot.
        Last edited by 2050z; 01-12-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I say you dig a pit blind and cover with brush. But do it quietly!

Sit tight. I bet they find you. You have time to change setup later.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I didn't get very good quality footage of the buck this morning, but I put it on the computer and I'm pretty certain it's not Trouble. I didn't pull very good focus, but unless there are some broken tines that I can't see, it's not him. However, he's impressive enough that I confused him at first glance. I think this one is a nine with long 2s and 3s and maybe a bit wider than Trouble. I moved my trail camera over to Hiline in case he shows up while I'm not there.

I also figured out what trail they appear to be coming in on. I didn't walk it or spend too much time there because I didn't want to bump him/them. Part of me thinks I should set up a ground blind near there, while the other part says to be patient and not disturb the area this late in the game, and to let the corn pull them to me.

No right answer. It's hard not to second guess a decission either way. Best bet is to go with your gut and don't worry about it. Stay confident in your decision. Good luck.

Comment

No trees closer to the trail? You could set up a tree stand more quickly/quietly than a ground blind.

Comment

Nice job Rothwells!

Such a pretty guide too!

Comment

Good luck Michael!

Comment

Just caught up Boss!

nice buck TrickyOlGus .

Comment

If you continue to see him there, then move. It's not hard to brush in a place to hide.

Comment

I'm back in the tree. Martin dropped by and wanted to shoot my AR and pistol, so we did that on the other side of the ranch.

Depending on how afternoon goes I may brush in a blind on the trail tonight. No trees big enough for hang on stand. Hopefully it'll be a moot point by evening!
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sickem'

Comment

Good luck on your afternoon sit Michael.....

Comment

I moved the GoPro to that side. This is on my "exposed" side, but as long as I limit movement I'm usually ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358025181.637012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	24158457

Right now the wind is blowing from me toward the gate opening, which should be ok. Deer always seem reluctant to walk through there anyway, preferring to circle out and cross the fence before coming back in. If the wind shifts out of the west before expected, it could cause an issue that direction.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

And this is what it looks like from my perspective back that direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358025746.604329.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	24158459
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X