No announcement yet.

game warden issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate you had a problem . I have a hunting operation I'm Marion county and have been visited several times. I could not have asked them to be more professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
      There used to be a maniac game warden in Hamilton county several years back as well. He'd go on a tear yelling and screaming, turn bright red and was completely out of control. Story goes that he finally had a massive heart attack on the job, and died instantly.

First time I ran across him, we were dove hunting a cut field of milo, and he was threatening to haul everyone off to jail for hunting over a baited field.

He was the first game warden I ever saw behave like that, nearly 25 years ago now and I still remember him.
      Yup...had a couple of encounters with the same guy. Same scenario. The guy went absolutely ballistic on us for absolutely no reason. Funny thing is,his bosses boss was a close friend of the family,and,at his request,I called him as he was approaching us on our second encounter. As he's screaming at the top of his lungs for me to get off the phone,I just hand it to him and tell him that his Major is on the line and would like to speak with himI will never forget the look on his face as long as I live. He spoke not a single word for a good 30 seconds and only said a single "Yes sir". After an insincere apology,he was on his way and we never saw him again

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosky1143 View Post
        Yup...had a couple of encounters with the same guy. Same scenario. The guy went absolutely ballistic on us for absolutely no reason. Funny thing is,his bosses boss was a close friend of the family,and,at his request,I called him as he was approaching us on our second encounter. As he's screaming at the top of his lungs for me to get off the phone,I just hand it to him and tell him that his Major is on the line and would like to speak with himI will never forget the look on his face as long as I live. He spoke not a single word for a good 30 seconds and only said a single "Yes sir". After an insincere apology,he was on his way and we never saw him again
        Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by CRTR_GTR View Post
          we will all have to talk it over and find out what we as a group will want to do. i think that it may be best to wait and see what happens next time....and there will be a next time.
          I would not wait. Why wait and have him come back and for chance if something happens, you will wish you had reported it. Have it documented or reported to his superiors because if not it will be as if it never happened. Or they will think that you are making up stories to justify your next encounter with him should it go bad. Remember you are dealing with a law enforcement officer and if things would get out of control you will be looked at as the aggressor. Trust me, I hate to talk about an officer of the law like that but I too am an officer / federal agent and there is NO reason for an officer to handle business like that! I promise you his supervisors and the dept. would appreciate you letting them know about a disgruntled employee. Its a big liability. It is just plain unprofessional...... Good luck and I hope it will never happen again.

Comment

Working...
          X