game warden issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
    He is not the only one. Go to Red River Co and meet there GW. That dude was something else when he was in Delta Co. Attitude, lying, stealing, trespassing, poaching you name it!
    Haha, first GW that came to mind was BR in Red River Co when I read this. I think if there was a "worst GW in TX award" he would win hands down (with the one from Titus coming in 2nd)

Comment

I also wouldn't mind asking about his behavior here:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Blood at a skinning rack maybe?
        yes...saw a few drops.

Comment

Originally posted by CRTR_GTR View Post
          yes...saw a few drops.
          Blood is not illegal.

Tell him to pound sand, and if he's investigating something, to deputize you the next time he wants your help finding someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            Beats me...just know that if you still hunt Marion county after you report he aint gonna like it...goodluck!
            we will all have to talk it over and find out what we as a group will want to do. i think that it may be best to wait and see what happens next time....and there will be a next time.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
              He is not the only one. Go to Red River Co and meet there GW. That dude was something else when he was in Delta Co. Attitude, lying, stealing, trespassing, poaching you name it!
              Good ole Benny. I have never understood why Law Enforcement guys that have to work seemingly alone many miles and minutes from backup would choose to anger and disrespect so many people. I have had more than one encounter with him and while I won't say they were all negative, NONE were ever positive or pleasing and I have never gotten in trouble for any game violations. He either comes across as " I hate my job and dealing with you" or " You're a criminal that I will catch doing something wrong sometime."

I am an LE and when people complain to me about him I try to point out he does a stressful, dangerous, and thankless job. I would hate to be his supervisor if he actually receives the number of complaints people say they are going to make.

Comment

I'd go meet his supervisor and take him out for coffee to discuss the matter. Once he sees you are an ethical and descent person he will realize the problem is his officer.

Comment

Ill have to say that we have some pretty awesome gw's here in Grayson co. On my 18th bday party I had a huge party at the lake and the gw's came an checked it out. Told us to keep it down a little and not to drive and we wouldn't have a prob. I have had them stop me on my way out of hagermans before just to check an I don't mind because they are all super nice guys. Do a quick run through and sometimes even throw a line my way on what they have been seeing and where. Can't beat that with a stick!!

Comment

I would not wait till next time. Who knows what he might pull next time. Just nip it in the bud now

Comment

I've hunted for forty years and I've met a heck of a lot of Game Wardens, but I've never yet met a bad one. They are all somewhat cautious at first, but once they see that you doing right and respectful, you won't meet a better bunch of guys.

Just lucky I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
                        I would not wait till next time. Who knows what he might pull next time. Just nip it in the bud now
                        Agreed, he keeps doing what he is doing because no one has called him on it. If he is acting as you say he is a call is in order. If he comes back and harasses you afterward then get video of it and take it to the news and let it air on the evening news.

No reason for anyone to act like that with good hunters. That said, we have had some GW's that check ice chests and look around pretty good and then join us for breakfast or lunch. Doing their job is expected, tearing your head off in the process is not.

Comment

Mind if I ask what part of Marion county you're in? Our place is in Cass County, but barely across the line from Marion. I'd hate to have a run in with this guy.

Comment

Ya, Hunt Co. watch out cause one of the current Red River county GWs, initials BGR Jr aka Barney Fife around our place, is trying to transfer out here. We were excited to hear he might be leaving RR county but now it looks like we will have to deal with him in Hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Blood is not illegal.

Tell him to pound sand, and if he's investigating something, to deputize you the next time he wants your help finding someone.
                              This. Im a very respectful person, but I just cant tolerate being hollered at for no reason. I agree with Tmag.....this guy's time is coming. He's gonna pull this stunt in the wrong camp one day.

With all due respect, i'm curious as to how it escalated to him screaming & hollering?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                                Agreed, he keeps doing what he is doing because no one has called him on it. If he is acting as you say he is a call is in order. If he comes back and harasses you afterward then get video of it and take it to the news and let it air on the evening news.

No reason for anyone to act like that with good hunters. That said, we have had some GW's that check ice chests and look around pretty good and then join us for breakfast or lunch. Doing their job is expected, tearing your head off in the process is not.
                                I agree

Comment

Working...
                                X