Ford Engine - 5.0 V8 or 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michaelpauleva View Post
    Has anyone brought up the torture test on ford.com. It made me a believer.
    Non were done in the rain... Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by kelley350x View Post
      If you get the Eco Hope you get one of the good ones...
      I have about 25 videos on you tube of mine messing up and Ford Don't know how to fix it. I have also been contact by many people having some or all of the same problems I am...

search "ecoboost problems" on youtube or go to the link below and read my whole story...
      http://www.f150forum.com/f38/ford-f-...issues-157704/
      Hey pm me if you want my info. I can make my truck do it every time it rains.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Since my last truck was a lemon, I am hoping that my new one will not be. The law of averages.
        Good luck brother!

Comment

Quite simple choice- do you want the growl of a V8 or the psssssss of the ecoboost? I went for the growl.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            I have both. Mine is the 5.0. 4x4 Sounds great when you goose it . My wife's is the Ecoboost. It is a quiet engine. My
            Wife gets 3 to 4 mpg better than I get.
            The Ecoboost is very peppy. I was very surprised.
            You cannot compare the creature comforts to the others (I checked out Chevy, ram, Toyota) Ford wins hands down.

I drove a Chevy z71 4x4 before this.
            Well, That sounds like this answers all your questions.

Also, You should check out the torture test…They punished this motor.

***and my taxes didn’t go to keeping Ford afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
              Hey bud, do you know what the problem is related to?…have you been told what codes come up? I worked with a guy with a new SuperDuty and started having problems with a check engine light. Every time he took it to the dealer they couldn’t figure it out…but the code was for the ABS or traction control. He figured out that the A/C condensation was dripping down directly onto a plug for this sensor (right near the front right wheel). He reran the wires in a few inches over and hasn’t had a problem since.

Good luck.

Comment

I'd go with the ecoboost. I have a 2012 supercrew FX4 with the ecoboost. The problem some are having with the motor is that the intercooler is too efficient. It condenses a small amount of water when it's the right conditions. They have a fix for it though. Only some are having that problem. Mine has been great. I love it. By far the strongest half ton out. The Eco will outrun the 5.0 and 6.2 raptor by a hair.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwestees View Post
                  I'd go with the ecoboost. I have a 2012 supercrew FX4 with the ecoboost. The problem some are having with the motor is that the intercooler is too efficient. It condenses a small amount of water when it's the right conditions. They have a fix for it though. Only some are having that problem. Mine has been great. I love it. By far the strongest half ton out. The Eco will outrun the 5.0 and 6.2 raptor by a hair.
                  This is the problem! What fix are you referring to? Cause my truck has had the last 2 fixes they put out and I still have the problem....

Thanks
                  Dustin

Comment

I test drove all 3 models..... chevy, ford, and dodge. Ford by for had the best ride and room. I couldn't tell the difference in power between the eco boost and the hemi. So got a better deal on the dodge and thats what I have. My first dodge ever. I love it. 1/2 ton, 4x4 crewcab. 16-17 average. trip to Van Horn and back at 85mph and avg 22mpg. Havent seen it but if the eco boost will out pull and out run my Hemi I would be awefully surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                      I test drove all 3 models..... chevy, ford, and dodge. Ford by for had the best ride and room. I couldn't tell the difference in power between the eco boost and the hemi. So got a better deal on the dodge and thats what I have. My first dodge ever. I love it. 1/2 ton, 4x4 crewcab. 16-17 average. trip to Van Horn and back at 85mph and avg 22mpg. Havent seen it but if the eco boost will out pull and out run my Hemi I would be awefully surprised.
                      Lol here we go! Line them up!

Comment

Ecoboost :
                        The fix is supposed to be a reflash of the CPU. I don't know if it works or not. I know another ecoboost model( maybe Taurus?) actually has a set of mechanical fins in front that open and close to fix the problem. That's what I gather from reading the info on the web

Comment

This is the problem! What fix are you referring to? Cause my truck has had the last 2 fixes they put out and I still have the problem....

Thanks
                          Dustin
                          the fixes they tried on mine didnt work either...

Non were done in the rain... Lmfao
                          infact just the opposite... They were done running the baja... lol

I cant keep mine from doing it, I have been contacted from so many people that are having the same major issues that I am, the condensation issues in the rain is how mine started out, then the CEL came on at about 20k miles and from that point until now it has just gotten much worse.

Originally posted by bigwestees View Post
                          Ecoboost :
                          The fix is supposed to be a reflash of the CPU. I don't know if it works or not. I know another ecoboost model( maybe Taurus?) actually has a set of mechanical fins in front that open and close to fix the problem. That's what I gather from reading the info on the web
                          I am having the condensation issue and other issues as well. They did the TSB on mine which consisted of a reflash of the PCM and a plastic shield that covered about 1/3rd of the intercooler. After they did this TSB the truck stopped going in to limp mode when i am towing but it is far from being fixed and still has the condensation issues it just no longer throws the wrench light.

I know they didn't but it is almost like they disabled "limp mode" or something. It still runs bad under the same conditions as it would before the TSB but it never goes into the limp mode..

mine will stop firing on cylinder #3, if you keep driving then cylinder # 4 stops firing, if you keep going again #5 will stop firing after that it shuts down and does not have enough power to move... The only way to "fix" this is when it starts messing up I can down shift to 4th gear and for what ever reason when the RPM's come up that cylinder will start firing again. I will drive in 4th for a few miles and stick it back in 6th and it will be fine for another hour or so.

this video is when it is only hitting on 3 cylinders.
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Oe8kIpr8c"]Ecoboost shaking while driving down highway - YouTube[/ame]

this video is when it shuts down..
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYjQqSv_wsE"]Ecoboost will not move - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'm telling you - I have a very close friend that is a dealer rep for ford and goes from dealer to dealer daily doing his job - he owns one and told me steer clear for now or I may feel like my 6.0 all over again-

Another close friend that has sold cars over 30 yrs and has been top salesman at many dealerships from Marshall's to tomball and then sugar land told me se thing He said for every 100 good ones there is a couple they are clueless to figure out.

If you ain't pulling nothing too big, why even think about it. Save the money, and get the 2 extra mpg on the regular v6. It hauls butt and runs strong and don't have the extra crap that will eventually fail - I figured I would die going from diesel to little 6 banger but man the truck does fine- I'm impressed

Comment

The lifetime free powertrain warranty at Vernon Auto group should does sound enticing. Especially since I drive a lot of miles and can run out of warranty pretty quick on a truck.

What is the hidden trick here?

Comment

A warranty is no good if they cant figure out how to fix it...

Comment

Working...
                                X