Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The useless, but interesting facts thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticks can live for 10 years without eating. The only living thing that can shut off their metabolism

Comment

Originally posted by Natural Ag10 View Post
      Don't use Google on this, but which mammal has more or less vertebrae than the other mammals?
      I know sloths are one of them. Not sure on the others...

Comment

The little plastic sheath doohicky on the end of a shoelace is called an aglet.

Comment

Dogs have eyebrows and cats don't....

ever think about how your dog can look at you and make your heart melt but a cat just looks stoned all the time? its the eyebrows!!
          Dogs have such expressive faces whereas cats, who evolved to hunt alone, can barely even move their face above the eyes. ok so its more the type of muscle above the eyes but they are eyebrows to me!

Comment

Originally posted by CamoCandace View Post
            Dogs have eyebrows and cats don't....

ever think about how your dog can look at you and make your heart melt but a cat just looks stoned all the time? its the eyebrows!!
            Dogs have such expressive faces whereas cats, who evolved to hunt alone, can barely even move their face above the eyes. ok so its more the type of muscle above the eyes but they are eyebrows to me!
            Sweet a cat fact!

Comment

Frederick Courtney Selous' famous elephant rifle was a black powder 4bore that fired a 1/4 lb lead ball. He killed 78 elephants with said gun. The recoil was so violent that it broke many stocks. After a few breaks he started covering the stock in wet elephant ear skin that would dry like rawhide and help hold it together for a liitle while. But as said the recoil was so violent that eventually the gun was rendered useless.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                Sweet a cat fact!
                haha i read that post too but had already posted it on here and didnt even think about it...two birds...well you know the rest!

Comment

A dogs paws smell like Fritos.

A rattlesnake in the wild smells like vanilla ice cream.

You cannot kill yourself by holding your breath......except maybe under water.

SNAKEHUNTER

Comment

Your teenage child will be horrified if when they find out their parents actually still do have sex. Just found that out.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                      Your teenage child will be horrified if when they find out their parents actually still do have sex. Just found that out.
                      I hear that! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                        Wait... they do??? Im gonna throw up.

Comment

When Washington crossed the Deleware he had the Finance section in the boat with him, including the first Pay Master General.

Comment

Cows can walk upstairs but not downstairs

Comment

this one is good...

24 beer in a case 24 hours in a day...uncanny coincidence??????

Comment

Originally posted by Coullion View Post
                                Aggies cannot make koolaid because they can't figure out how to get 2 quarts of water in that little packet.
                                I'm an Aggie and that made me chuckle. Did you also know we don't serve cold drinks here any more??? Yea, the guy with the recipe for ice graduated

Comment

Working...
                                X