• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ttt

Comment

Great looking hound

Comment

How about pig recoveries?
        She found the first one, the second one wasn't dead yet just sleeping. Riding in the front seat to the Nuevo Laredo Vet $150 fix and ready to go. She found 3 deer last year and I thought she was a Quail dog.
        Attached Files

Comment

Anything tracked by a dog

Originally posted by mexhunt View Post
          How about pig recoveries?
          She found the first one, the second one wasn't dead yet just sleeping. Riding in the front seat to the Nuevo Laredo Vet $150 fix and ready to go. She found 3 deer last year and I thought she was a Quail dog.
          Yes, pigs, coyotes, anything tracked by the dog counts. Glad Ur dog got patched up.

Comment

Here is Rein's first track of the year. A doe shockvalue shot. No blood, probably 100 yds, maybe a touch more. No problem what so ever. One pic is of her ears while riding in the ranger.
            Attached Files

Comment

Scout (1 yo Lacy) and I got to make our first track this weekend. I got Scout last year right at the end of deer season from another TBH’er (Thanks again Todd!!) and the dog had several tracks under his belt but I am the rookie on the team. Matt (Loneaggie) and I were at the lease this last weekend and he was able to shoot a doe. He was confident in the shot but knew I wanted to put the dog on the ground so he texted me and I jumped down from the blind to go fetch the dog. We got there and arrow was near feeder and looked good but there was very little blood the first 40 to 50 yards of the track. As the track went along she really opened up and we probably would have had no problem finding her without the dog. The deer had headed off down the hill from the feeder and crossed a small road but as we approached the tree line Scout turned and headed back up the hill. I thought either he had lost the track or this deer wasn’t hit as hard as I thought she was since she was now headed UP the hill. Pretty quickly I started seeing blood so I knew Scout was still on her trail and sure enough as we cleared the brush line and entered a power line right of way the doe was laying there dead. The whole track ended up being nearly 200 yards. I mentioned later that I was surprised that the deer had ran up hill like that and Matt told me he saw her hit a tree at the bottom of the hill which made her spin out and head back the way she had come. I figured out that I had asked “which way did the deer go” instead of “where did you see the deer last”.. I am still learning as I go and at least Scout knows what the heck he is doing LOL.

There are some great people on this site to ask about dogs and tracking and it is another reason I love TBH. The are several on here (and on this thread) that have answered many a question for me over the last year and me and Scout thank you!!

I catch hell all the time for Scout being so skinny. In the LDP he looks even more skinny cuz he was about to sit down beside Matt as I took the pic and I guess the angle makes him look that way. I am a fat guy so it drives me nuts that you can always see his ribs LOL
              Attached Files
              Last edited by flufster; 10-19-2012, 02:55 AM. Reason: tried to rotate pic

Comment

Great recovery Flufster and a good story too. That dog looks skinny, but only when he's next to you jk

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                  Great recovery Flufster and a good story too. That dog looks skinny, but only when he's next to you jk
                  Good one Ron, lol. By the way great story Flufster, thanks for sharing.👍

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                    LOL I make everyone look better and I wonder some times if thats the only reason my wife keeps me around!!

I told Matt when I saw this LDP that my dog makes him look fat...LOL

Comment

Put Bagley down for a Fallow doe, run down and killed.
                      Fellow shot it almost straight down. We waited 30 minutes and took up the track. Trailed it a couple of hundred yards into a planted pine thicket.
                      Bagley ran over the track but turned back on her own and started back up the trail.
                      I was just about to stop her when she turned off to the left.
                      I guess between the pine straw and the heat she was having a hard time smelling it because she was just walking the track with her head down.
                      Another hundred yards down the hill and the doe busted out fifty yards ahead of us running like her tail was on fire. I was watching the doe cut across the hill in front of us when Bagley hit the end of the rope and it slipped out of my hand and the race was on. They were almost out of hearing when she quit barking.
                      We hurried thru the brush as fast as we could.
                      About a quarter mile later I heard her barking again and made my way to her.
                      She had the fallow pushed down against a creek bank.
                      Wen the deer saw us it broke up the bank.
                      Bagley caught it by the throat right under the jaw and the deer was spinning around with Bagley swing almost straight out. After 3 or 4 swings I guess she choked it out as the deer fell for good.
                      I was awful proud of her, not only for catching and killing the deer but for sorting out the trail in the pine thicket.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice updates by all

Comment

Put Bagley down for a cow Red deer.
                          Double lung 100 yards lots of blood.
                          She never put her head down
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350777854.818225.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	24130481

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            Bagley hit the end of the rope and I decided, "Hey, this is gonna be fun", so I let go of the rope and the race was on.
                            Fixed it for ya Marty!

Nice work Bagley!

Comment

Awesome story about Bagley there Marty..

Comment

I don't think I would let my dog go after a javi. Those things are really bad on dogs!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X