X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thus, all Amendments have provisions.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
      You can hunt pigs with a weapon, as long as you give a courtesy call in ahead of time to the local game warden, so says Austin headquarters.
      Yep. The courtesy call is the way to go.
      I keep my county game warden's mobile number in my phone. I call him during deer season when I plan to hunt hogs at night. He always says "shoot a big one."
      No problems whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
        I am more interested in why you as a gun owner and hunter would say you understand why we need a law to keep the GW from thinking possessing a pistol on private property without a CHL makes one a potential poacher when possessing a rifle in the same scenario does not create the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          How can you prove you weren't intending to shoot a deer with said pistol? You can't, plain and simple. There is a way to avoid throwing that red flag... Get a CHL.
          He doesn't have to prove he's not hunting deer. It's up to the state to prove he was doing something wrong. Remember "innocent until proven guilty?"

Let me ask this. I can take a rifle out for hogs outside of deer season. Who's to say my intent is to hunt hogs and not deer? Especially with it being legal to hunt with cans now? Shots fired will be a lot harder to hear.

Hope folks start picking their heads up and forcing the goverment to respect our rights or we will lose everything and become another UK, Australia, ect.

Comment

TXJIM, I am going to assume you do have a CHL. Is this correct? If so, Why did you bother getting that? I mean, your very passionate about your right to bear arms, yet, if you do indeed have a CHL, that would lead me to believe you were willing enough to abide by that provision.

So why question yet another provision?

Comment

TXJIM, I am going to assume you do have a CHL. Is this correct? If so, Why did you bother getting that? I mean, your very passionate about your right to bear arms, yet, if you do indeed have a CHL, that would lead me to believe you were willing enough to abide by that provision.

I have my CHL and almost puked when I got it. I try to work within the law, but will question it and send letters to my reps until I die.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                None of those places are on my property I can assure you of that

And since you seem to be a supporter of the law, riddle me this Batman....
                What exactly is the point of telling me I can't carry a pistol on my own **** land if I happen to have a bow in my hand? How does it make sense that I can sit in a blind on September 29th with a rifle and hunt hogs? Couldn't a Booner walk out and get shot since I obviosly am just itching to break a game law? I take my constitutional rights pretty serious and I don't like having them suspended on my own property for what I might do. Hell, how about we suspend the first amendment when you are watching TV on your own couch, that makes about as much sense as this law
                I'm sorry but that's already happened. Can't remember how long ago or his name but Houston's "less than" finest kicked in a WRONG door and shot a guy something like 14 times. He was on his couch watching TV and tried to get his gun when the stormtroopers came crashing in.

Comment

Never confuse laws with the concepts of logic, fairness or common sense. You'll only frustrate yourself.

Comment

At what point did anyone say or assume you didn't have a CHL? My statement was a general statement "you" being anyone who is a resident of Texas. Your argument is absurd however.

Freedom of Speech is a right afforded to us via the 1st Amendment. However, there are provisions in place that make it unlawful to use speech which is claimed to serve no conceivable useful purpose and is extremely and imminently dangerous. such as the famous line Screaming Fire in a Theatre expresses the permissible limitations on free speech consistent with the terms of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
                    I understand that rights are restricted as they create a hazard or infringe others rights or safety. I still have not heard a single rational argument here as to how restriction of the 2A on private property falls into any of those categories. Basically what I gathered so far is that an open carried pistol makes it impossible for a GW to determine your intent to break an existing law. By that logic how are cops supposed to know you are not about to speed if you are driving a sports car? You all seem fine with the principal that the state is restricting rights on the premise that given opportunity we are likely to be criminals.....

Comment

Originally posted by aceshooter01 View Post
                      where are you seeing that you can't carry when you are "in the act of bow hunting?"
                      Page 62 in the outdoor annual. It states you can't carry a firearm while hunting with archery equipment with a broadhead or unless you have a CHL then you can carry a concealed handgun. Sorry I shortened it up saying in the act of hunting. I guess I was assuming we are all whitetail hunting with broad heads

Those of y'all that are throwing out the second amendment card need to relax. It's a GAME law. As an avid bowhunter, I respect the game and all the laws that come with it!!!

Comment

I tried to read all the comments but they all repeated themselves...

Having said that, I thought you could carry your "sidearm" for protection? During bow season?

Short story...was taking a trip to Del Rio for a bow hunt when my asked if I was bringing my pistol...I said he'll yeah. Reason being if I was out in the middle of nowhere...which we were I wanted a pistol to defend myself from WHO KNOWS what instead of trying to defend myself with my bow.

So no carry your pistol regardless of the situation unless you have your CHL?

Comment

Not to muddy the waters at all. Is anyone responding to this in posession of the intent behnid the stipulation?

To clarify, does there exist case law that caused this legislation? That's normally how these stipulations land.

And to further clarify, I in now way, intend to argue the LEGITIMACY, Rationale or otherwise support the coherent/incoherent thought process behind it. All too often these types of issues are backed by case law.....Which can be repealed.

ANYONE, for ANY REASON can approach a higher court citing an issues potentially impacting the contitutionality behind another courts decision. It doesn't require a village, just someone with the fortitude to stick with it. WHO'S WITH ME....

Comment

I do because it is the only way to legally protect my family away from my personal propery. I dont think I should have to but if the choice is breaking the law, not protecting my family, or swollowing hard and getting the CHL then it really is no choice. I don't agree with all of he laws but I do follow them, but the ones that infringe my rights I will **** sure rail against. I question any attempt to restrict the rights given to me by our founders, it is my duty as an American. Two that I hold particularly dear are the 2A and Private Property rights and this stupid law about what I might do is a kick in the nads to both.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                              Those of y'all that are throwing out the second amendment card need to relax. It's a GAME law. As an avid bowhunter, I respect the game and all the laws that come with it!!!

The Constitution should override a "game law". It's very healthy to question laws my friend. I believe it's our duty to question them infact.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                                Page 62 in the outdoor annual. It states you can't carry a firearm while hunting with archery equipment with a broadhead or unless you have a CHL then you can carry a concealed handgun. Sorry I shortened it up saying in the act of hunting. I guess I was assuming we are all whitetail hunting with broad heads

Actually, the game law says you can't shoot a deer with a pistol in Archery season. Saying you can't carry a pistol when it would otherwise be perfectly legal is redundant, overbearing, and anti-American

Comment

Working...
                                X