Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who introduced you to hunting, and why did you continue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
    Mine was a Sheridan Silver Streak. Man, could I shoot that gun. I wore out all the birds in the Bryan area way back in the 70s. My dad still says the bird population doubled when I left for college.

I still have that pellet gun, but the seals all wore out. I need to send it somewhere and have it repaired. Even though I know it has 10,000,000,000 rounds shot through it, and the front sight blade leans a bit to the right, it's still deadly acurate.
    Still have my Silver Streak, have had to go through it to keep it shootable, ordered and done it all myself. You can't beat that gun. If I notched all its kills there would be no wood stock left.

Comment

i can thank my grandpa for my love for mother nature for gettin my dad startted when he was just a lad and him gettin me started when i was just a lad. bowhuntin has been in the family for 33 yrs and i've been bowhunting for 19 and love it and when im not bowhunting im shotin birds, rabbbits, etc... or catchin red fish,trout and flounder, heck i just love being outdoors doin anything i can just to be outside. the reason im still doing it because i have a great huntin partner, my dad. also i love to spy on mother nature knowing that everything in the woods has no idea im there and thats a rush right there.

happy huntin to all ya'll!!!!!!!

Comment

My dad got me into hunting when I was about 5. At that time I could only shot birds with my Daisy Red Rider. When I got to 7 I would sit in the deer stand with him and watch all the wildlife. When I turned 12 he finally let me do some deer hunting of my own. First deer was a 4 point and all I can remember him saying is you better shot before I do and he didn't even have a gun. I got into bow hunting on my own when I was 17 and found out later that he had done the same thing at my age, but stopped because he could never find his deer. Really miss my ol' man because he can't see what I can do with a bow anymore. 02/14/2008 will be the 3rd year of his passing.

Comment

My grandpa got me started. I got my first BB gun when and I was 5 and my mom says she would only see me at night since then. Grandpa would ride me around the pastures to shoot rabbits and birds. As I got older I got to use his old .22/.410 over under and still have all of his guns since he died. Me and a buddy used to ride our bikes to his grandpa's place with a shotgun on our handlebars. We would stay all weekend with nothing but a sleeping bag, guns, and a small skillet. As I got older my stepdad started me deer hunting. I remember getting my limit in one day. The first day I hunted and saw deer. It took almost all season, but when they started moving, I started shooting. That was all the deer we had for the freezer that year cause no one else saw a deer all season long. Then in high school a friend talked about bow hunting in Llano. It was $25 a day and his dads friends had hunted there for almost 20 years. I never killed a deer on that place, but kept the hogs in check. Main thing is it got me into archery and it is my favorite method of hunting. I still pull out the boomstick, but mostly love to be outdoors as much as possible. I have introduced others to the sport and am now teaching my stepson and daughter. He's 11 and she's 4 and they both shoot their bows with me. I guess the short version is that I had a few good influences.

Mesquitecountry, that last paragraph says it all. That made my heart rush!
          Last edited by MarlinMears; 02-05-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X