Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a cheap idea about ground blind material....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i prefer to camo duct tape sticks to myself and walk around like a bush
    jk
    sounds like it would work....and it lasts alot longer than the netting also

Comment

Old carpet. Talk to any installer, can probably have all you want and then some. Can't beat free.

Comment

Another idea, dig a fare size hole then place a hut made from pallets on top of the hole. Make sure this hut has a roof. After you have done this brush the pallet. The fork lift holes to the pallet make excellent places to stuff brush. It kinda gives you your own African style hut. Had good luck using this method. Just something to think about. Oh, amazily it keeps the rain off you to a point.

Burlap I think would work in certain situations as well. You just have to be creative;if you don't try something then you don't know if it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          i prefer to camo duct tape sticks to myself and walk around like a bush
          jk
          sounds like it would work....and it lasts alot longer than the netting also
          tried the sticks.... kinda chafes.

Comment

just dont let the cattle get around it. they will eat it like nobody's bidniz!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
              Important info for Smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                For sure.It rots pretty fast when left out in the weather too.

Comment

I used to make by portable blinds pre pop up days out of PVC and burlap sewn to slip over the PVC frame. Worked well, but the cows on our lease would find it and smash it and eat my burlap. It also doesn't weather really well and you tend to have to replace it often.

Comment

Burlap will work but it does rot, and worse for me it molds, breathing mold plugs my head up in about 2 seconds.
                    The best inexpensive ground blinds I have see are made of rebar and shade cloth. The shade cloth can actually be painted with a brush or roller if you want to blend them in anywhere. it last for years and it is super easy to repair

Comment

Since we had such a lush spring this past year, I'm betting that most of you have plenty of broomweed on your properties. My son and I took the 4wheeler/trailer and collected a bunch of broomweed and stuck the clusters all around/over the ground blind we built from horse panels, a tarp (for the rainproof top), and burlap. We piled brush cuttings against the front/sides prior to the broomweed. The broom weed really helped fill in the gaps.

It has worked really good. We blacked out the inside w/black plastic for a shadowed interior and it also helps keep out any unwanted wind when it's cold. Not exactly a wonderfully cool spot during the early season.....but what ground blind is?

**NOTE** If you have bad allergies......the broomweed might not be so user friendly to you.....if you know what I mean........AAHHHH CHHOOOO!

Greg

Comment

Working...
                      X