Crabbing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crabbing???

After reading Justin’s post and see all those blue crabs I want to go try and catch some.

Where would be the best place to go catch crabs off the bank. I would like to find a place somewhere between Corpus and Rockport.

Thanks
    AY

I just moved down by Galveston and saw some traps at Walmart. I really want to go crabbing too. Anyone who needs a crabbing buddy hit me up!

Comment

Anyone know what the limits are? When I was a kid you didnt even need a fishing license to go crabbing but now I think you do.

Comment

You need a license and there is no bag limit. They do have to be 5" tip to tip.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
          You need a license and there is no bag limit. They do have to be 5" tip to tip.
          this is right and you cant keep any females with eggs

Comment

Cool.
            We used to go crabbing all the time when I was a kid. We would wear 'em out in Rockport and at the Texas City dike.

Comment

What about in the bay (Baffin)? I'm heading down there the first weekend of Aug. and curious if they can be caught. If I bought a trap, what is preferred bait? Chicken necks? Can I throw caught trabs in the cooler with the fish or do they need to be prepared some other way?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                What about in the bay (Baffin)? I'm heading down there the first weekend of Aug. and curious if they can be caught. If I bought a trap, what is preferred bait? Chicken necks? Can I throw caught trabs in the cooler with the fish or do they need to be prepared some other way?

Thanks!
                We always used chicken necks in traps or when crabbing with just a string.

I wouldnt put them in the same cooler with your fish, they will eat the fish!

Comment

Checken necks or minced shad in cheese cloth if using a trap. You can catch them in the bay for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                    Cool.
                    We used to go crabbing all the time when I was a kid. We would wear 'em out in Rockport and at the Texas City dike.
                    What method did you use at Texas City Dike, traps or just chicken neck on a string?

Comment

Originally posted by RemMan700 View Post
                      What method did you use at Texas City Dike, traps or just chicken neck on a string?
                      Chicken neck on a string. pull em up just enough to slip a net under them and fill your cooler!

Comment

once you catch em ,how do you cook em? sorry fer the dumb Q?

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                          Chicken neck on a string. pull em up just enough to slip a net under them and fill your cooler!
                          this is the way i plan on trying. i just need to figure out where to go

AY

Comment

I'm following this thread, we are going to be in Rockport next weekend.

Comment

We have always had the best luck catching them off the peers. Using chicken necks for bait

Comment

Working...
                              X