Finally got our hog trap built...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratterrier View Post
    Just curious why you did not use a swing gate??? Down here if one hog gets in it a trap with a swing gate they keep trapping until every hog is inside it. If one has a long drive to a trap a coon or squirrel can trigger those fall gates and you have empty trap, i am thinking you used a drop gate so you can also use it as loading gate to back up a trailer too. I would place a deer feeder inside it and leave it open for a week and get lots of them going into it then set the trip wire, is there anybody buying hogs in your area close to you and if there is how much are they paying per pound?? Nice trap for sure, cant wait to see pictures!!! If you get a deer in it the open top will let them jump out too.
    I just went to a small convention a few days ago, the "pig man" biologist for the Fort Worth Nature Center near Lake Worth put on a short seminar. He does basically the same thing. Baits the pen often, checks cameras to see when all the pigs get comfortable going in. Then he sets the trap.
    Mike

Comment

Tom,
      You started this thread three years ago and no updates, You slacker!

Comment

That's about a heavy duty looking setup.

Comment

Whatever happened to Knight in Mossy Oak? And did he trap any pigs with this set up???

Comment

Now that’s what I’m talking about!! Looks great!

Comment

Like the setup, great job!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                Whatever happened to Knight in Mossy Oak? And did he trap any pigs with this set up???
                Maybe he got caught in his own trap and couldnt get out. This thread is 10 years old.

Comment

Well since there are no updates...I’ll update with a trap I built about 3 weeks ago, set it up in jack county. Same style trap but with a swing gate. We pulled up and we had 4 big sows and a bunch of piglets in it. When we got close considering we made the trap 48” tall with an open top, we ended up with only piglets and the smallest wow of them all. The other three jumped out with a running start.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                    Well since there are no updates...I’ll update with a trap I built about 3 weeks ago, set it up in jack county. Same style trap but with a swing gate. We pulled up and we had 4 big sows and a bunch of piglets in it. When we got close considering we made the trap 48” tall with an open top, we ended up with only piglets and the smallest wow of them all. The other three jumped out with a running start.
                    That sucks ! I would have liked to see the look on your face when that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      That sucks ! I would have liked to see the look on your face when that happen.
                      I was shocked by how agile those sows were. I had been told once before by my dad that he once had about a 250- 300lb boer jump a 5 foot fence when they approached him but I always thought he was adding a little salt to it. And I usually always have my ar when we check the trap, this time a slingshot atleast would’ve been nice.

Comment

Here's my trap gate, and a few pics of the results--and I could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                          Maybe he got caught in his own trap and couldn't get out. This thread is 10 years old.
                          Yeah, I know. I was searching Google for trap door ideas and this thread came up. I started thinking about K.I.M.O. and wondered what happened to him.

Plus, I needed to bump this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            Yeah, I know. I was searching Google for trap door ideas and this thread came up. I started thinking about K.I.M.O. and wondered what happened to him.

Plus, I needed to bump this idea.
                            It is funny how people come and go never to be heard from again.

Comment

Working...
                            X