• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking trap, best of luck!

Comment

A job well done!

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      Looks pretty good, should catch a bunch of piggies!! How deep did you dig the hog panels? If you REALLy want to get the hogs used to it put a bucket feeder or another type of feeder in there and leave it running with the gate open and not set. This should get them used to it and they will all want to go into the trap!!

..... sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Now that's a hog trap!

Comment

i built one but used a swinging drop door with trip wire i like looks of yours to

Comment

Pretty slick looking trap right there. Good luck!

Comment

where are pig pics? did it work?

Comment

Hog Gate

Your gate design looks great. I want to use a similar design with a remote drop trigger, but first I would like to know how it has worked and if you recommend any upgrades/changes.

The hogs are very destructive in our area (Lavaca County) and it appears the only practical way to make a dent is trapping whole sounders - not just the little dumb ones!

Appreciate any advice.

Mark C.

Comment

Any LDP's from this trap? This trap looks built extremely well and looks professionally done. Congrats. I will be building one this weekend about that size in addition to my box trap

Comment

trap looks great. I've always heard you should attach some cloth or plywood to the gate because the hogs wont try to run through/charge something they can't see through.

Comment

Just curious why you did not use a swing gate??? Down here if one hog gets in it a trap with a swing gate they keep trapping until every hog is inside it. If one has a long drive to a trap a coon or squirrel can trigger those fall gates and you have empty trap, i am thinking you used a drop gate so you can also use it as loading gate to back up a trailer too. I would place a deer feeder inside it and leave it open for a week and get lots of them going into it then set the trip wire, is there anybody buying hogs in your area close to you and if there is how much are they paying per pound?? Nice trap for sure, cant wait to see pictures!!! If you get a deer in it the open top will let them jump out too.

Comment

excellent points raterrier!!!! because I have had squirrels/coons trip my wire and it is frustrating going to check it with gate closed and nothing inside.

Comment

I built on of these gates using the saloon door style which allows pigs to continue to come in but not exit.

Comment

Looks great guys, good luck, KAP

Comment

Well its one year old now. Should know by now how well it works.

Comment

i love pen traps!

Comment

Working...
                                X