I love shooting

Comment

Gods grace
        My wife
        They way my 4 month old son smiles at me when I get home from work
        Sunsets in the country
        Sunrise from a blind or stand
        hunting & fishing
        last but not least...my dog (especially when she performs well in the field - still working on this)

Comment

I love the feel of a puppy's soft face against my cheek; being outdoors when the first cool-front of the season rushes in; the smell of freshly mowed grass; a mourning dove's coo early in the morning; a dip in a cool spring in mid-August; the sound a river makes as it slips over smooth rocks; a warm fire and refreshing drink in the company of good friends; the smell of bread baking; a still, cold, Hill Country morning; and, the amazing spectacle of countless stars on a clear summer night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            The smell of puppy breath.
            It had been several years since I had last been around puppies, especially a litter of them. Forgot what a joy they can bring to a person. Kind of like the smell of fresh cut grass when mowing for the first time in the spring. It awakens the senses.

Well, when I happened to be near someone's puppies, it was as though the dark, cloudy skies overhead had suddenly cleared to make way for the bright sun all of a sudden. Instantly there was an overwhelming, cheerful feeling that enveloped me. A smile could be seen on my face. It's amazing what sweet, little, innocent puppies can bring to one's life.

Comment

First Jesus. Being blessed with the wonderful woman in my life and the joy that she brings. Being blessed to be born in the great USA where we are allowed to hunt, fish, own guns and speak our minds. We as Americans are very blessed.

Comment

God above everything else, My husband and best friend,fishing partner,hunting guide and everything else. My kids, grandkids, the life that god has given me. My dog when I get home from work, that she is so excited to see me. When she crawls upon my lap and licks my cheek, the first morning of deer season, the first deer I see, life in general! Oh and I love America!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy View Post
                  It had been several years since I had last been around puppies, especially a litter of them. Forgot what a joy they can bring to a person. Kind of like the smell of fresh cut grass when mowing for the first time in the spring. It awakens the senses.

Well, when I happened to be near someone's puppies, it was as though the dark, cloudy skies overhead had suddenly cleared to make way for the bright sun all of a sudden. Instantly there was an overwhelming, cheerful feeling that enveloped me. A smile could be seen on my face. It's amazing what sweet, little, innocent puppies can bring to one's life.
                  That put a smile on my face. I love this post!

Comment

The U.S.A.!

Comment

I love helping others
                      I love time spent in the company of friends and family
                      I love sunrises
                      I love horsepower
                      I love working with my hands

And I love that "thwack" sound, as a carbon missile blasts it's way through a deer's rib cage!

Comment

Bringing this back up.
                        Rules - no photos, must describe in words what you love

I love sitting on my back patio as the sun rises while I drink my coffee. My dog is laying in front of me, alert but still, and we listen to the birds awaken. The only better is doing it from a tree stand, which unfortunately is without my dog.

Comment

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. It put a smile on my face.

I love the smell of wet grass and ground after several weeks of no rain.

Comment

Crisp mountain air and elk bugling.
                            God and my family

Comment

When you meet someone that somehow must be connected with or to you on an invisible frequency. Even without speaking you understand one another. They totally get you and you seem to get them. Anyone here know what I’m talking about? Powerful stuff. It’s not often that I have experienced this. Maybe it’s love. Time will tell.

Comment

I love knowing that no matter how bad I screw up, I am loved...by my Creator, my wife, my children, my parents, and my dogs. Ain't too much that can make me smile more frequently than they can

I love sitting in a tree stand on a cool, crisp fall morning, as the world's wakes up and comes to life around me

I love daybreak on the water, hearing a splash off in the distance, the sound of an outboard crossing the lake, and seeing the sun peak out from over the horizon

I love the music of a few hound dogs chasing a coon/fox/coyote...there is just something about that sound that brings peace to me, and relaxes my soul

I love sitting on the porch at dusk, hearing kids laughing and playing in the yard, sipping on some cold ice tea, as the pit is smoking some good Texas BBQ

I love America, and everything that it stands for. Even tho it pains me to see some of the things I see these days, I'm still thankful for the freedom that some of my fellow Americans use for the most asinine and idiotic reasons...because without that same freedom, I wouldn't be able to enjoy this life that I live

I love and respect the men and women of our military, who stand in the gap every day, sacrificing of their time and youth, and even being willing to die for my freedom. To all of you on TBH, and whomever may be reading this as a visitor to the greatest forum there is, I want to say thank you for the sacrifice that you give every day. May God bless you and keep you safe

Dusty, thanks for this thread...its always nice to reflect back on it and smile at the amazing, yet amazing simple things that we so often don't even think about

Comment

Working...
                                X