Do you know what I love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    I love my family. I am so incredibly blessed to have somehow been able to talk M.C. into marrying me. She's perfect for me. And she's hot. That doesn't hurt.

And she gave me two AWESOME kids. Both are now grown, educated, married, and gainfully employed by someone other than me. THAT is awesome. Their spouses are wonderful additions to our family, and THAT is awesome too.

M.C. and I are blessed to still have our parents. They're all great parents and grandparents. It's not always fun watching them get older, but it sure is a blessing to have them. Our sisters and their husbands and kids and the rest of our extended families are all blessings to us as well, notwithstanding a couple black sheep here and there in the family trees. But what are you gonna do?

We are blessed to have some really good friends as well. We have a lot of friends. We have a handful of really GOOD and CLOSE friends. What a blessing to share life with them.

And we're blessed far beyond what we deserve materially. Great careers working with people we love dearly.

All of the above makes for a big net positive life, even when all of the difficulties, stresses, and tragedies come along. There's no escaping those. But life is good. Praise God for His mercy, grace, and blessings.
    That's a great post Shane! Doing it right brother!
    I saw a study once that said out of 500 people they studied and interviewed, of the ones that were truly happy in their life, they all had one trait in common. It was gratitude. They were thankful and felt blessed. Sounds like your in that group.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

as someone said above, cold beer hot women
      then I got older
      old dogs, children, and watermelon wine

Comment

I love:
        Puppies when they lick other peoples faces. (Ive seen too many puppies eat my cats and feral kids random outdoor poops)
        Rain softly hitting my naked rear whilst humping in truck bed on a summer night during rain storm.
        Being dead-to-the-world alseep in a hammock in the shade with a breeze

Eso si que es.

Comment

I love too wake up each morning and talk with my wife and kids, grandkids, and great grandchild. Just waking up and thankful is the best..

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
            The smell of rain when the breeze blows
            Every morning when I leave for work my little girl (5) blowing me a kiss and yelling I Love You as I drive off...and seeing her run out the door before I can get in the driveway when I get home in the evening.
            Does the 14 year old still blow you kisses? Man girls can be tough!!!

Good stuff dad! I hope so!!

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
              A mesquite campfire

A live band in an old dance hall

The smell of shotgun shells after they have just been shot

That watermelon smell when you run through a trout slick

The smell of a pit / smoker

These 3 are pretty cool also...

[ATTACH]588275[/ATTACH]

And I almost forgot my 3rd child..

[ATTACH]588276[/ATTACH]
              Love you, brother....

Comment

Wow Shane and Curt, that is a beautiful way to express how much you love your wife. It's those little things that I can relate to and stir emotions deep inside.
                Last edited by Dusty Britches; 08-26-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X