No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the sand is eating it up. Is there any way to build a guard over I the bearing to protect it from the sand?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      I'm sure the sand is eating it up. Is there any way to build a guard over I the bearing to protect it from the sand?
      Well it ran for 15 years without the sand eating it.....Im puzzled. Exact same bearing replaced. I think it wasnt squared right. New guy working on it that i have a lot of confidence in. He is just farther away.

The guys that was working on it was also supposed to build my new one....months ago!

Comment

This thread is AMAZING! This is so awesome look at all these finds.
        Funny...When I was out in West Texas. Iraan, to be exact a few years ago. I thought I was the man finding a half dozen arrow heads and a bunch of meteorites. I am no way near the man.
        I am new here and just found this thread.
        Thank you for sharing all of these posts.
        You are the man GarGuy

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          This thread is AMAZING! This is so awesome look at all these finds.
          Funny...When I was out in West Texas. Iraan, to be exact a few years ago. I thought I was the man finding a half dozen arrow heads and a bunch of meteorites. I am no way near the man.
          I am new here and just found this thread.
          Thank you for sharing all of these posts.
          You are the man GarGuy
          If you have a bunch of meteorites. you are a WEALTHY man!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            If you have a bunch of meteorites. you are a WEALTHY man!
            Not really a bunch. But since I had none before. I guess I have a bunch now. About 10 of them now. My sons all took them to school, and I gave a couple to their science teacher for others to learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              Not really a bunch. But since I had none before. I guess I have a bunch now. About 10 of them now. My sons all took them to school, and I gave a couple to their science teacher for others to learn from.
              There is a huge market for them.

Comment

Apparently there is a whole lot of meteorites in the West Texas desert. There were easy to find and very dense for their size. The arrow heads also were laying right on top of the ground. We got caught up chasing Javelina instead of artifact/meteorite hunting in Iraan. One day I'll go back there. We were on a 40,000acre hunting lease. The original spot that made me fall in love with Texas.

Comment

Got my clients gone and had about 2.5 hours to dig. Got some sweet ones! Found these three PW blades that were likely cached together. The big one has killer flaking. I will get daylight pics tomorrow if i can.

Found a bunch of Manning including one sweet point.

Then BOOM! Up pops this smokin Angostura! Heavily ground and stunning material that is quite translucent.

Found some more nice points including an translucent agatized wood point.

Pics continued on next post.
                  Attached Files

Comment

forgot my MFG point and material.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's a heck of a haul for such a short dig..and some beauties for sure! That ango kind looks like a wells (weak ears) that was reworked into an ango or an ango that was reworked into a wells. Man that thing is sweet. Love that big ol pet wood point as well. As usual a sweet variety...very nice and thanks for the look!

Comment

That petrified wood point is nicely made, that stuff had to been hard to work. The ango is very nice piece also, love the translucent material! Whats the small polished rock?

Comment

Its rose quartz. Probably highly polished and kept in someones medicine bag. I dont know what it was used for but it was obviously polished and cherished.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            That's a heck of a haul for such a short dig..and some beauties for sure! That ango kind looks like a wells (weak ears) that was reworked into an ango or an ango that was reworked into a wells. Man that thing is sweet. Love that big ol pet wood point as well. As usual a sweet variety...very nice and thanks for the look!
                            I think its just a resharpened Ango. Wells generally have a round base. This one is well thinned, concave, and heavily ground on the surface as well as the edges. I didnt do a very good job of showing the base.

Comment

Your finds are amazing. Are there any signs that this spot will go dry one day?

Comment

More great points GarGuy. Keep them coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X