No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's a lot of quality points for 1 day of digging. Thanks for posting them.

Comment

Insane

Comment

Some beautiful work right there!

Comment

Saturday I took my nephew Kolby and my son Colton to our place in Madison County to do a little fishing. Before heading home, we headed east so the boys could see how a real artifact excavation is operated. Colton is a veteran on artifacts but my nephew Kolby has never found one. Kolby was literally on cloud nine working that sifter table with Steve's dad and Colton. Kolby found a few as did Colton.

As evening approached, we were invited back to Steve's dads house for dinner. Fried sand bass, fresh fried oysters, green beans, mustard greens and strawberry shortcake for dessert....SON!!! I didn't get dessert because I had a long drive home but I sure wanted to!! Steve and his family are some darn good folks, that's for sure.

Today me, Colton and the wife headed out there and once again had a blast finding artifacts with great company. Alright, enough talking. Here are a few pics from Saturday and today....good times for sure.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361245686449.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	24171749

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361245712826.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24171750

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361245750065.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	24171751

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361245821300.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24171753

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361245843640.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	24171756

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361245858399.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	24171757

Comment

Wow just wow

Comment

Good lord!! I dug untill I was frustrated today with one broke point!

Comment

GarGuy: Is this the kind of dig operation we were invited to go on several months ago?

I am glad you are feeling better. Wow, what a fanastic site and recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by pazthru View Post
                  GarGuy: Is this the kind of dig operation we were invited to go on several months ago?

I am glad you are feeling better. Wow, what a fanastic site and recovery.
                  No this is not the kind of dig I had in mind for an open invite dig. Johnny waas helping us operate the power sifter.

Comment

How much more of the site is left to dig Steve? I have been digging on a very large site that is getting me very frustrated! I can't get on the points for nothing here lately. Everywhere I dig the ground is loaded with beautiful flint not chert, but no points. Any advice on how to locate the points on a big camp? That serrated wells is a smoker!!

Comment

Copperhead, I have a lot more to dig. If you are finding flakes, you are on the points. Its weird how they run in schools. I will be digging along and tere is a ton of debitage and no points. Then just a few feet away, i will put a bucket of dirt in with 10 points in it.
                      If there is one thing i have learned from this ,its to KEEP ON DIGGING if there is debitage.

Comment

Don't worry Copperhead, I feel your pain. I go through the same thing on the camp I dig in Madison County. Just start you a wall about 8 foot wide and keep on digging...you will get into them sooner than later.

Comment

I know what yall mean, it just gets frustrating. Been digging test holes. Just gonna start trenching, I will hit them sooner or later. With the flint I am finding the points should be killers! Only time will tell... Its definatley not a bird point site.
                          Last edited by COPPERHEAD; 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

A trench is a good idea.

Comment

Enjoyed the video and of course the finds.

Comment

Love the video. Wish we had dirt like that around here. We drop a load on a shaker and it would break it. Bolders bouncing everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X